CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 04/29/2008, 10:51 PM   #1
obwan93001
My Car Details

My Garage
Video of Paul Newitt receiving the prestigious Lee Iococca Award @ the GT/CS 40th

Hi all,

I uploaded onto YouTube.com a 9 min video I took at the GT/CS 40th anniversary event at Galpin Auto Sports of Paul's acceptance speech for his receiving the Lee Iococca Award for all his hard work and dedication to preserving the heritage of our wonderful GT/California Specials. The video is not the best to begin with and lost a little more quality after YouTube processed it but the sound it great and it contains the announcement by Casey, intro by Beau w/GAS and Paul's entire acceptance speech.

Here is the link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF1z-K_p3bY

Enjoy and congrats again to Paul!

Oscar
obwan93001

http://californiaspecial.com/forums/...3&d=1198481108
1968 GT/CS 289-2v V8 AT, PS, drum brakes, tinted windows, Diamond Blue, black stripes, standard Black bucket interior. MCA#:70104
obwan93001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/29/2008, 11:00 PM   #2
PNewitt

oh no....! LOL!!

I want to thank Oscar for first doing this, and then posting it for everyone to see.

I was talking with a fellow site member tonight on the phone, and we were discussing about how everyone was so happy that day, and that there was this incredible sense of comraderie, and sense of family, and it was a really wonderful feeling.

I felt that everyone there WAS like family, and I really enjoyed seeing everyone have a good time. I hated to see people leave at the end of the day....and I wish I could have talked to so many more people, too!!

I really, really love my award...but what really means a lot to me is the support and respect I've gotten all these years. To have about 120 people applaud during the award moment was really touching. I really like to help people with their GT/CS, and to get back such support means everything to me.

My sincerest thanks to everyone!!!!!!

Paul.
Old 04/30/2008, 02:24 AM   #3
Aussie67
My Car Details

"Just Livin It"

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations Paul

You are obviously a very deserving winner of this award. Your enthusiasm and dedication to the Califoria Special is really something else. It is people like you who ensure that we get to understand the history of these cars and this history is preserved for all to enjoy in the future.

The mere fact that Ford have released a "new" GT/CS is almost certainly due to your work. For this we are all in debt to you.

Well done Paul.
Aussie67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/30/2008, 12:38 PM   #4
sam

What an honor Paul. Well done.
Sam

it\'s great to own a 68\' ......live free or die
Sam
sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/30/2008, 10:09 PM   #5
PNewitt

Thank you both for your compliments.
I'm still floating on air from that day..

Paul.
Old 05/01/2008, 03:46 PM   #6
QuarterHorse
My Car Details

Thank you for posting that. I appreciate the opportunity to witness it :)

Congratulations Paul.
QuarterHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/12/2008, 02:14 PM   #7
hotrodgrany
My Car Details

My Fast Stangs

eBay: leona289

Send a message via MSN to hotrodgrany
I want to congratulate you from this late model owner, your long and hard work has pay off many times and am honored to know you,through this forum. 'GT HRG' and now the video.
hotrodgrany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/12/2008, 11:11 PM   #8
PNewitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodgrany View Post
I want to congratulate you from this late model owner, your long and hard work has pay off many times and am honored to know you,through this forum. 'GT HRG' and now the video.
Hey, GT/HRG!!

Thank you so very much!! All of your congratulations are so very much appreciated.

But, I know how hard you work too. I think it's a collective thing, and there needs to be a lot said for those of you that take great care of your GT/CSs, new and original--and work hard to make those car payments on the new ones.

WE, together, have done some truly amazing things here, and I expect even greater things to come for us in the future. Ya ain't seen nuthin' yet!!!

Thank you again...
Paul

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions