CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 03/19/2008, 11:18 PM   #1
PNewitt

The CX-1 Window Decal Project

Here are two preliminary designs for the CX-1 decal--for both the 1968 and 2007-2009 GT/CS.

The CX-1 designation ("California Experimental ONE") was originally made by Galpin Ford in Los Angeles, in 1968. It was for a modified GT/CS for sale on the lot. It was lowered ,and had some suspension and engine mods, as well as the taillight frames removed for a more "cool" look.

Today, I was given special permission to use this name by Galpin Ford, and have designed these for you to use on your '68, or late model GT/CS.

There is no criteria for you to use these decals on your CS. But--it's an indicator of some modification that you did, or had done on your CS. For the early cars, it might be a suspension kit with poly bushings and sway bars; or an engine mod, or dress up kit. For the late model CSs, it could be a performance "pack" made available, and/or installed by your Ford dealer.

It's totally up to you how you use this decal--mods or no mods. It's meant to be a badge of honor to show off the performance side of your CS (and a "warning" to other muscle cars...LOL!!).

These aren't the final design, but I wanted you all to see what I have cooked up so far. These are meant for use on the rear quarter windows, for both types of CS, and will be about 3 to 4 inches long, each. They will be produced sometime this month, along with the other decals, including the GT/CS Registry, 68, and '07 and '08., as well as a new decal for the HCS Registry.

Any comments are appreciated. The price for each decal has not yet been determined.

Paul Newitt
GT/CS Registrar.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cxone.gif
Views:	75
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	6086  
Old 03/20/2008, 08:37 AM   #2
68gt390
My Car Details

The car that became a diecast

Paul;
I'm sure use of this "special" decal should bring a few questions at show's. Should be interesting.

Don

68 GT/CS 390 "S" Code, 4 spd, 93 LX Hatchback Supercharged
68gt390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/20/2008, 10:36 AM   #3
carezcs

My Garage
Paul
Can these be one of the static cling variety so the could easily be removed and reapplied? The one my son got from college is that way. I don't know what Concours judging allows because I don't enter that class but it may not be legal. Does anybody know?
Bruce
carezcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/20/2008, 12:44 PM   #4
Midnight Special
My Car Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNewitt View Post
Here are two preliminary designs for the CX-1 decal--for both the 1968 and 2007-2009 GT/CS.

The CX-1 designation ("California Experimental ONE") was originally made by Galpin Ford in Los Angeles, in 1968. It was for a modified GT/CS for sale on the lot. It was lowered ,and had some suspension and engine mods, as well as the taillight frames removed for a more "cool" look.

Today, I was given special permission to use this name by Galpin Ford, and have designed these for you to use on your '68, or late model GT/CS.

There is no criteria for you to use these decals on your CS. But--it's an indicator of some modification that you did, or had done on your CS. For the early cars, it might be a suspension kit with poly bushings and sway bars; or an engine mod, or dress up kit. For the late model CSs, it could be a performance "pack" made available, and/or installed by your Ford dealer.

It's totally up to you how you use this decal--mods or no mods. It's meant to be a badge of honor to show off the performance side of your CS (and a "warning" to other muscle cars...LOL!!).

Any comments are appreciated. The price for each decal has not yet been determined.

Paul Newitt
GT/CS Registrar.
...Personally, I see this as an open door to added confusion and ambiguity for future owners- in part, adverse to what this site is about. To call your car a CX-1 for fun based on your own mods or whatever - Great! ...But what is an uninformed buyer to think when they start showing up on ebay w/ CX-1 as a selling point? Galpin or Ford won't back it; and the seller will be free to represent it's meaning however he/she wants. Then the purists will chime in with all their usual grumblings, then just more "bad blood".

Like Don says; comments at car shows will get interesting. But how are you prepared to explain your "CX-1" in context with the true history & lineage of the GT/CS?

To me, it's no different than putting Shelby emblems all over your CS. Many dedicated here are spending enough time deciphering clones and what's "real"... How are we expected to explain this when asked 5 years from now?

Truly not trying to be critical, but as defined - 'seems to encourage anyone to stick anything on their car & call it what they want...

Good? bad?? I don't know......

IMO IMO IMO IMO

Tim
Midnight Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/20/2008, 01:57 PM   #5
PNewitt

That's OK, it's your opinion.... There's all kinds of stickers and metal emblems that people can, and do put on their GT/CS. I wouldn't expect to see these on a concours car, no more that a Heddmann Headers, "Shelby-Prepared" Cobra or Roush sticker.

These cars are already "confusing" to people no matter what we say or do (I can't figure that out--LOL!), so this will only add to the in-person conversation, make people ask, etc..

I think the late model folks may like these more, since it could connect to the Ford perf packs. More of an owner-explained criteria, than a Ford-backed thing...

I might get Galpin to use the late model ones on their "Galpinized" GT/CSs, but no word back on that yet.

So--these are just for fun--nothing more. I did this, because of the interest I saw here from owners of both generations.

Paul N.
Old 03/20/2008, 02:46 PM   #6
C160223
My Car Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Special View Post
...Personally, I see this as an open door to added confusion
I'd have to agree with what Tim wrote.

John

John P
68 GT/CS
www.pezzolesi.com
C160223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/20/2008, 03:27 PM   #7
PNewitt

I'll still make these, and whomever wishes to buy one or more is welcome to do so.

Paul N.

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions