• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Off to Pick-Up my New GT/CS

GTCSMustang

Heading out today to pick up my recent purchase. I'll post some more pictrues when I return in a couple of days.

Scott

Attachments

• Slide1.JPG
    Slide1.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 49
  • Slide2.JPG
    Slide2.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 43
  • Slide3.JPG
    Slide3.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 41
  • Slide4.JPG
    Slide4.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 58
  • Slide5.JPG
    Slide5.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 54
  • Slide6.JPG
    Slide6.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 47

sam

Best of luck with the new wheels. Mine turns 40 on April 4th !
Sam

ahainline

Nice car!

question about the options.. I noticed it said something about remote controlled left mirror.

should this option show up on my Marti Report? All I have is the cheapest Marti available but I dont see it on the Marti but I know it is on the car. Help anybody?

OP
OP
GTCSMustang

GTCSMustang

Well I just got back from picking up the new GT/CS. I purchased the car from the original owner (WWII B-29 pilot) who bought the car from University Ford in San Diego on 9/8/68. The car came with the original window sticker, purchase order, and glove box paperwork (owner's manual, warranty card, etc). He even had a 1986 GT/CS registry signed on the inside cover by THE MAN himself ( that would be Paul). And a 3-page GT/CS newsletter from 12 April, 1991. Back then you could buy a registry from Paul for $19.95. WOW! The car is a 302-4V, Lime Gold with Ivy Gold interior. Built June 18, 1968. 100% original paint, interior, and drivetrain that has never been out of the car. One interesting note on the purchase order is that he had the plain center caps swapped out for GT center caps at the time of purchase. And he had them change the tires (doesn't say what kind though) and add power steering. Pretty nice car overall. Needs a good cleaning though.

Scott

Attachments

• DSC00474.JPG
    DSC00474.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 42
  • DSC00475.JPG
    DSC00475.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 38

CALIF GIRL

Scott,

Nice car to add to your garage. It was built on my 5th birthday.

Midnight Special

Very neat find Scott!

Good thing I didn't go with you to pick it up! We'd still be in his living room w/ me asking him all about his "WWII B-29" exploits...

I found over the years that bomber pilots of that era went on to take exceptional care of all their vehicles following a career of being responsible for a ship (and crew), flying a complex aircraft as that in such hazardous conditions. The quality of your 1- owner 40 yr. old GT/CS seems to prove that once again.

Unique and rare find indeed!

Diesel Donna

Glad you got her home safe Scott. Great find and a great color.....(I don't care what they say! HAHA!) You sure have some exceptional cars!

Donna

OP
OP
GTCSMustang

GTCSMustang

Thanks for all the comments. I love the Lime Gold. Missed out on buying a GT500KR convertible recently in that color.

Hey Tim. We used to shoot down B-29 drones here at China Lake. When I started working here in 1985 there was boneyard of B-29 hulks on the base. Got to go out and look at them once. Pretty cool. There was a building where they put all the parts that they took off of the B-29s when they were converted to drones. Things like the instruments, seats, load adjusters, etc. I was blown-away when I went through the building. I asked the Branch Head in charge of the building what happened to all that stuff in about 1990. He said they needed the room and threw it all in dumpsters and had it hauled off. UNBELIEVABLE.

Scott