CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 01/19/2008, 09:58 PM   #1
classicsguy
 

Joined: Aug 02
Posts: 1,282

Smile Seafoam Green GT/CS Project on E bay

Item# 190192174231

Please someone post a link to this car. It looks like a very solid project in California and with an unusual color. Post your comments on this one.
classicsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/19/2008, 10:08 PM   #2
BroadwayBlue
My Car Details
 
BroadwayBlue's Avatar
 

Location: Hudson Valley Area, NY
Joined: Apr 05
Posts: 2,878

Send a message via AIM to BroadwayBlue
Here you go.

http://tinyurl.com/3bxxmf

It's a no reserve auction

Sellers says this is #10 of 50 Mustangs being sold from a recent barn find
Looks like they have a 390 FB for sale too

Rich

1968 Acapulco Blue GT/CS 289 * 1996 Red GT Convertible *
BroadwayBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/19/2008, 10:23 PM   #3
classicsguy
 

Joined: Aug 02
Posts: 1,282

This is the 2nd GT/CS for sale from this seller. The first one was a J -code project.

There is an auction going for the 390 fastback.

This GT/CS looks good,its missing the fog lamps but I like this color of seafoam green.
classicsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/20/2008, 04:03 PM   #4
classicsguy
 

Joined: Aug 02
Posts: 1,282

Question

Can anyone guess what this one will go for? I believe it might go for over 10K What do you guys/gals think?
classicsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/20/2008, 09:42 PM   #5
BroadwayBlue
My Car Details
 
BroadwayBlue's Avatar
 

Location: Hudson Valley Area, NY
Joined: Apr 05
Posts: 2,878

Send a message via AIM to BroadwayBlue
I don't think it goes over 10,000.

Looking at the additional pics it needs work.
The interior needs a full replacement, some rust in the floorpans.

No pics of the underside, frame etc so that would be something to get a better look at.

It's not a total project it has hope if it finds the right home. My guess is 10,000.

Although it's over $5,600 on 20 bids and still have almost 9 days to go

Rich

1968 Acapulco Blue GT/CS 289 * 1996 Red GT Convertible *
BroadwayBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/21/2008, 11:35 PM   #6
CALIF GIRL
My Car Details
 
CALIF GIRL's Avatar
 

Joined: Oct 04
Posts: 616

I thnk the president of Soyth bay mustang club is the person selling this.
heres a link to his info,,but I could be wrong

http://southbaymustangowners.org/Contact.htm
CALIF GIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/2008, 10:30 AM   #7
heliaster
My Car Details
 
heliaster's Avatar
 

Location: Portland, OR
Joined: Oct 07
Posts: 35

I don't know, the last GT/CS this guy had up went for 11 something. The body of this one seems to need less work, interior kits are cheap, and the last one's interior was in no better shape. It does look like the floorboards are in need of work but I still wouldn't be surprised if this gets close to the 11-12 range.

I kind of hope it does, it'd make me feel good about what I paid for mine!
heliaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/2008, 02:33 PM   #8
classicsguy
 

Joined: Aug 02
Posts: 1,282

Quote:
Originally Posted by heliaster View Post
I don't know, the last GT/CS this guy had up went for 11 something. The body of this one seems to need less work, interior kits are cheap, and the last one's interior was in no better shape. It does look like the floorboards are in need of work but I still wouldn't be surprised if this gets close to the 11-12 range.

I kind of hope it does, it'd make me feel good about what I paid for mine!

I agree with you....this car will surpass the 10k and will get the 11-12k range. The only thing is that the other car was a J code and this is a C-code car but as you said the condition is better and I like the seafoam green color because its rare.
classicsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/2008, 07:34 PM   #9
HappyHour
 
HappyHour's Avatar
 

Location: Bay Area\ SoCal
Joined: Jul 07
Posts: 495

Im with Broadway....I would be surprised it going over $10K I would want to be looking at car that I can road test personally or more intact. They didnt bother to take pictures of all the effected areas just list as disclaimer.

I saw some project CSs "mostly there"in the past mostly languish around 8K just last year in SoCal. There was the one in LA that was running needed apron and parts that were included at rebuild shop which took offers. Those had history and where partially restored.

This project "AS-IS" CS looks like will require significant more money to resolve all the known and unknown issues laundry list. The money needed to restore or rebuild especially with non matching engine\numbers and no info on options would also be a factor?

That being said I have seen prices go where I wouldnt expect...Im still trying to figure out the 390 at BJ and how to timetravel back in time to buy it.
HappyHour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/23/2008, 01:52 PM   #10
classicsguy
 

Joined: Aug 02
Posts: 1,282

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHour View Post
Im with Broadway....I would be surprised it going over $10K I would want to be looking at car that I can road test personally or more intact. They didnt bother to take pictures of all the effected areas just list as disclaimer.

I saw some project CSs "mostly there"in the past mostly languish around 8K just last year in SoCal. There was the one in LA that was running needed apron and parts that were included at rebuild shop which took offers. Those had history and where partially restored.

This project "AS-IS" CS looks like will require significant more money to resolve all the known and unknown issues laundry list. The money needed to restore or rebuild especially with non matching engine\numbers and no info on options would also be a factor?

That being said I have seen prices go where I wouldnt expect...Im still trying to figure out the 390 at BJ and how to timetravel back in time to buy it.
I was reading the e bay ad and it seems like the car has its original engine and transmission,I believe that this is a numbers matching GT/CS.
classicsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/23/2008, 10:24 PM   #11
HappyHour
 
HappyHour's Avatar
 

Location: Bay Area\ SoCal
Joined: Jul 07
Posts: 495

Your right my mistake it is a C code, must have gotten in confused on the thread info. They say the door, dash, and apron match. I wonder why they didnt check the engine number instead say "its most likely original".

Actually that would go to show that its pretty complete. They got the additional pictures of interior trunk and interior rust? No underneath or if cowling is rusted.

http://ebay.carad.com/viewItem/viewA...77&template=48

Would be nice to get a Marti and checkout other options. Seems it has AC, drum brakes, etc. Other peoples questions are interesting. Add another $1200 hundo to ship?

Anyone bidding? Since its a base 289 and has alot of interior work I would say it would be more of a bargain. Skeptical of it hitting $10K (im feeling $8K+). I posted a complete one for $12K in Whittier.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/car/547136439.html

Robert
(still trying to go back in time and buy the 390)

Last edited by HappyHour; 01/23/2008 at 10:55 PM..
HappyHour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/25/2008, 09:51 PM   #12
franklinair
My Car Details
 
franklinair's Avatar
 

Location: Franklin, NC
Joined: Mar 07
Posts: 3,874

My Garage
Engine compartment photo shows a P/B booster,= front discs if original.
Neil
franklinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/26/2008, 05:58 AM   #13
somethingspecial
 
somethingspecial's Avatar
 

Joined: Aug 05
Posts: 1,766

My Garage
From what I can see from the pictures and discription, this would make a great investment. It currently is at $6,500.00. Great potential. It looks like it is all there, minus the fogs as he stated. Even the heatshield and S tube are in place, rare these days. Rt. Qtr panel looks to be easily repairable. Couldn't download any interior pics, but with the cost of interior kits being reasonable, not a to expensive fix. If I had the money, I'd invest. Hopefully it won't climb to bad. JMHO Good luck. Mike

Mike Jewell
GT/CS Registrar
mikej@bigbytes.com
If at first you don't succeed, Parachuting is not for you!!!!
somethingspecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/26/2008, 03:57 PM   #14
classicsguy
 

Joined: Aug 02
Posts: 1,282

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingspecial View Post
From what I can see from the pictures and discription, this would make a great investment. It currently is at $6,500.00. Great potential. It looks like it is all there, minus the fogs as he stated. Even the heatshield and S tube are in place, rare these days. Rt. Qtr panel looks to be easily repairable. Couldn't download any interior pics, but with the cost of interior kits being reasonable, not a to expensive fix. If I had the money, I'd invest. Hopefully it won't climb to bad. JMHO Good luck. Mike

I agree with you...its a good investment. If it stays near the 8k marklooks like a very solid start for a project car.. let see how it ends!!
classicsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/29/2008, 10:04 PM   #15
BroadwayBlue
My Car Details
 
BroadwayBlue's Avatar
 

Location: Hudson Valley Area, NY
Joined: Apr 05
Posts: 2,878

Send a message via AIM to BroadwayBlue
winning bid was $8,777.78

Rich

1968 Acapulco Blue GT/CS 289 * 1996 Red GT Convertible *
BroadwayBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > Classified Ads

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wanted; C-code 4 speed project GT/CS classicsguy Classified Ads 4 12/29/2007 05:52 PM
Things I'm looking for--for the GT/CS Book project PNewitt GT/CS and HCS Discussions 4 06/26/2007 07:46 AM
GT/CS & HCS Magazine Articles Mosesatm Classified Ads 0 04/14/2007 09:17 PM
Seafoam Green GT/CS on eBay Again Mosesatm Classified Ads 15 04/18/2006 02:38 PM
Trade: 1967 GTA fastback S-code project for 1968 GT/CS classicsguy Classified Ads 5 01/26/2005 10:05 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.


This site created, owned and maintained by Jon Hanna - Copyright 1996-2011
All rights reserved. CaliforniaSpecial.com is not affiliated with Ford Motor Company

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.