CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 10/02/2003, 07:28 PM   #1
mrshelbydallas
Banned

Gt/CS Decals for Sale

Here are the long awaited pics of my decal sets. I have pics of a white set, black set, and silver set, but can make them any possible color you desire. Original colors are black, white, red, and medium metallic blue(I make all of these) I sell these sets for $55.00, right now, I will sell silver set for same price. In a couple of weeks, I will be offering HCS decals sets, for $60.00 a set, I will post pics soon. Pictures are absent of included application tape so I can show you what they look like. Decals are superior to any reproduction available anywhere, bar none. My decals are EXACT Reproductions. On highest quality avery vinyl. Please e-mail me at
mrshelbydallas@hotmail.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	blackdecal.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	205  
mrshelbydallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/06/2003, 02:27 PM   #2
BrandonB

Send a message via AIM to BrandonB
Re:Gt/CS Decals for Sale

Man nice job those are a very sharp looking set or decals! keep up the good work
BrandonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/06/2003, 04:39 PM   #3
darb

Send a message via AIM to darb Send a message via MSN to darb Send a message via Yahoo to darb

Here is a link to several pictures of Kevin's stripes installed on my vehicle.

The scoop stripe does line up with the door on my vehicle, my scoops were loose at the time of these pictures and appear to be an inch or so off.

-Brad

http://www.springbaycounseling.com/mustang/paint/
darb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/07/2003, 10:52 AM   #4

Just a reminder.....

Stock stripes only came in black, white, red and medium metallic blue. Silver, Gold, etc...was never made available. The Met. blue is difficult to make, since the material is hard to find.

Of course, use whatever you like for your car, but I just wanted to set the record straight for those into stock restorations.

Remember to fold the stripes under the front of the fender, behind the headlight bucket--and that the scoop screens (and black backing) go OVER the stripes, already applied to the scoop.

Never place the stripe that goes in the front of the fender (wheelwell to front)--between the scoop and the rear wheelwell. This is a common mistake that I've seen many times!

The HCS had shield decals that went on top of a straight stripe on the scoop. Bob Teets should still carry these shield decals, made by the original manufacturer in Colorado for the Ford dealers in '68.

Paul Newitt
GT/CS Registrar
Old 10/07/2003, 08:33 PM   #5
mrshelbydallas
Banned

I do offer these decals in Mettalic Blue as stated by Mr. Newitt. I also offer concours correct HCS decals sets. Any color is available for customizing purposes. Thanks for the info Mr. Newitt.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0902.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	219  
mrshelbydallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/07/2003, 08:41 PM   #6
admin
Administrator
My Car Details

Just your friendly neighborhood webmaster...

My Garage

[quote author=mrshelbydallas link=board=3;threadid=623;start=0#msg3365 date=1065583996]
Thanks for the info Mr. Teets.
[/quote]
Ummmm...that's Mr. Newitt, not Mr. Teets.
admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/07/2003, 09:37 PM   #7

I really doubt that 3M (or whomever) makes a medium blue metallic that EXACTLY matches the original stripe color.

Are you working with an actual 1968 sample of one of these stripes--or is it your best guess from a standard swatch book?

I have a blue stripe sample as part of the registry research...post your color (JPEG), and we'll see.

PMN (not Mr. Teets)
Old 10/08/2003, 12:08 PM   #8

A Pantone # and/or a PMS color code would be fine. Do you have them to post here?

I can check local 3M dealer to see what they have, but I'm still skeptical. So...can you actually get medium blue metallic stripe material? I never got an answer.

Ford contracted with a special stripe company in California in '68 to make these.

I'll get my stripes from Tony Branda Performance to be sure.

PMN
Old 10/08/2003, 03:38 PM   #9

uhhh.....O.Kayyy....

Whatever.

I rest my case.

PMN

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > Classified Ads