CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 12/09/2007, 07:45 PM   #1
mnut

Smile question on console pad and will sell my CS

I have a question on a 68 center console pad.Has anyone successfully had a 68 4 speed console pad reconditioned by a restorer? I hear of at least one shop that reconditions pads,door panels and other vinyl trim pieces.May be in the upper midwest or? I have the correct 4 speed chrome center piece,plastic shell and pad around the radio.I'd just like to have the center pad restored but don't know who's had good luck with a shop that does them.If nothing works out,I guess I'll wait to trade for one or watch Ebay?
I'm considering selling my CS "J" code.I'll post it on the classifieds forum right now for details...thanks!

Bob
mnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/11/2007, 07:55 PM   #2
6t8-390gt

I know Just Dashes in CA does this kind of work. Magazine articles on this subject rave about Just Dashes. I know they are pricey, but I have not had any work done by them. Let me know if you use them, I have a couple 4 spd. pads and an original dash to be recovered.

Danny

68 S code GT Fastback, 68 J code GT Conv., 68 1/2 R code GT Coupe

6t8-390gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/11/2007, 08:46 PM   #3
Perkchiro
My Car Details

eBay: Perkchiro

I used Just Dashes for my overhead console. It took them about 3 months to complete it but I was very pleased with the workmanship and result. They were a bit pricey but in my opinion, well worth the cost.

Steve in Missouri
1968 Candyapple Red J Code California Special
Perkchiro is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions