CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 10/04/2007, 09:09 PM   #1
PNewitt

Thumbs up Brace Yurselves, Folks!...GT/CS Book Info Mailer sent out Oct 5th

Yep!!

It's done, printed and going out tomorrow (Friiday, Oct. 5th) WHEW!!!

It's a four page mailer to the (approx) 1,000 members of the GT/CS Registry.

A one-page order form for a book reservation is included, so, if you wish to pre-order a copy, you can. It's all explained in the mailer.

Here are the books' highlights:

Only 2000 copies of the 40th Anniversary Edition will be printed.

Every copy will be numbered and signed (by me).

Hardcover, 200 pages in color and black and white; high quality paper.

Chapters on History, Marketing, Recognition, Restoration, the '07/'08 GT/CS Story, The Little Red and Green Hornet Story; the HUGE 800+ car Registry, bibilo and resources guide. LOTS AND LOTS of information...!!

It will be a Ford Licensed book, with MCA Approved Rules (pending), and approved by SAAC (Shelby American Automobile Club). What I call the "Triple Crown".

Projected book completion, Feb 15th, 2008 (the exact 40th Anniversary of when the Mustang GT/CS was presented to the Ford Dealers in Los Angeles, at the Century City Hyatt).

The order form also has 23 questions for those who wish to supplement information about their GT/CS. I also have a list of 40th Anniv. car show sites you can choose from.

In about a week, I'll post the entire mailer here as a .pdf to those who may not be on my mailing list (so, if you get yours first, please don't post it before I can).

The wheels are now in motion.

Proudly, and as a thank you to you, the GT/CS Owners and Enthusiasts:

Paul M. Newitt
GT/CS Registrar.
Old 10/04/2007, 09:18 PM   #2
DeadStang

My Garage
I'm jumping on this bandwagon a little late... Are you mailing this out (like USPS), or emailing?
DeadStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/04/2007, 09:41 PM   #3
PNewitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadStang View Post
I'm jumping on this bandwagon a little late... Are you mailing this out (like USPS), or emailing?
Regular USPS Mail, letter size, stamps, etc. Are you on my mailing list? If not, you (or anyone else) can send me an SASE to receive one at:

GT/CS Registry
Paul M. Newitt
P.O. Box 2245
Davis, CA 95617
USA

No E-mail, but I'll post a .pdf version in about a week. That's because I'd like people to be getting theirs via regular mail to have a chance to see it first. Not everyone in my Registry is on this site, nor may they know about it (yet). I included the URL for this site in the mailer.

I also made a deal with Tony Branda for members of the registry to receive a FREE Shelby (& GT/CS) Mustang Catalog (if you contact them), if you're willing to receive it via Bulk Mail.

I've also made pre-ordering "time adjustments" for foreign country members.

Paul.
Old 10/04/2007, 11:26 PM   #4
1968cal
My Car Details

Are you going to have an order limit on the books ?
1968cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/05/2007, 07:10 AM   #5
Perkchiro
My Car Details

eBay: Perkchiro

Congratulations Paul on this monumental step in progressing that book forward. I'll be looking for the mailer next week, and I'll get that order form filled out and back to you pronto! Thanks!

Steve in Missouri
1968 Candyapple Red J Code California Special
Perkchiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/05/2007, 11:00 AM   #6
68gt390
My Car Details

The car that became a diecast

Looks like I'll be pitching my tent by the mail box!!!!!!

Don

68 GT/CS 390 "S" Code, 4 spd, 93 LX Hatchback Supercharged
68gt390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/05/2007, 12:02 PM   #7
TheBlkPearl

Send a message via MSN to TheBlkPearl
Thumbs up Fantastic

This is fantastic - people like you and everyone else on this site make the California Specials even more special. Thanks to Paul and all of you!!

Right now I am as old as I have ever been.
TheBlkPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/05/2007, 12:32 PM   #8
Mustanglvr
My Car Details

Former GT/CS owner :(

Send a message via Yahoo to Mustanglvr
My Garage
Thank you for all your hard work Paul. This is exciting!

RHONDA
GT/CS FOREVER!
Mustanglvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/05/2007, 02:15 PM   #9
PNewitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1968cal View Post
Are you going to have an order limit on the books ?
No, there is no limit to order. There is a small discount if you buy (reserve) more than one copy at the same time.

We have one person willing to buy 11 books.

Paul N.
Old 10/05/2007, 02:23 PM   #10
PNewitt

Thank you --Thank You-- all so very much!!! Gosh! I've had a lot of behind the scenes work to do, but it will pay off when you see the mailer.

I really appreciate your support. What's neat about this, is that it's going to be a fantastic year for all of us in 2008!!

I failed to mention in my original post that I'm including a DVD with the book, in a sleeve in the back cover. It will include some TV ads, and....I have a video surprise planned, that you'll have to wait and see for yourselves when you get it!

Paul N.
Old 10/06/2007, 06:49 AM   #11
our special

Thank you Paul, I'm really looking forward to the mailer because that means the book is getting closer.

I'm trying to remember what we (you) decided to do about the serial number plate for under the hood. Will this be available with the book or something that can be purchased later or has it been shelved for the time being?

Either way, bring on the book!!

Thank's again,
Dave
our special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/06/2007, 08:21 AM   #12
PNewitt

I have a few items for everyone to "vote" on whether they'd buy them; so I can forward them to Ford for approval. The under hood plaque is one of them. I have a sample of one in the mailer for you to check out. I may extend the plaque idea for the '07's, too.

I think that outside of the Shelbys (SAAC) and the Boss cars (Boss Registries), that we're pretty well set as a registry, with a book and neat stuff (and website, too)..

...and, we're quite active as a group, too, which says it all to other Mustangers.

Paul N.
Old 10/06/2007, 09:44 AM   #13
limelyt

how do we know if we are on the mailer list, so we do not miss the dead line for ordering? We sent our registry infomation about 2 months ago

thanks
Gary

Last edited by limelyt; 10/06/2007 at 12:27 PM..
limelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/06/2007, 08:19 PM   #14
68 GTCS
My Car Details

A man is not finished when he is defeated, He is finished when he quits.

Thanks for the heads up Paul, your dedication and hard work on this project is GREATLY appreciated. Its getting a little chilly to pitch a tent by the mailbox, so I'll have to sleep in the Mustang. Is it here yet, is it here yet, is it here yet?

Kevin

1968 GTCS J code 302 4v Auto. / 1967 A code 289 4v Auto. "Local Promotion Car" / 1968 HCS 289 2v 4 speed / 1965 Fastback A code 289 4v Auto. Build Date 9-11-1964 two weeks prior to the introduction of the fastback / 2007 Mustang V6 5 speed / 2007 Shelby GT Black-Black 4.9 5 speed.
68 GTCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/07/2007, 06:03 PM   #15
hotrodgrany
My Car Details

My Fast Stangs

eBay: leona289

Send a message via MSN to hotrodgrany
Many thanks for encluding us 07 & 08's GT/CS to this can't wait to put my order in.
hotrodgrany is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions