CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 10/09/2007, 04:33 PM   #1
Duker

eBay: bfd180

68 "Trunk Lid"

Hi everyone

Question from Canada. I have looked at pictures of the rear of many CS and I have noticed on the trunk lid a couple have nothing. Some had only the Mustang on the passenger side and I just saw one on e bay with the written California Special on the drivers side and the Mustang on the passenger side.

Can someone please tell me what is proper?

Cheers

Duker
Duker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/09/2007, 04:51 PM   #2
68gt390
My Car Details

The car that became a diecast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duker View Post
Hi everyone

Question from Canada. I have looked at pictures of the rear of many CS and I have noticed on the trunk lid a couple have nothing. Some had only the Mustang on the passenger side and I just saw one on e bay with the written California Special on the drivers side and the Mustang on the passenger side.

Can someone please tell me what is proper?

Cheers

Duker
Duker;
The only thing that should be on the trunk lid is the striping and the mustang script on the passenger side. See photo attached. Hope this helps. I saw the one you reference with the CS Script on the drivers side of the trunk and to me it looks out of place. That particular car also has the GT "C" stripe along with the CS stripe on the side. I have attached a photo of both my cars and you can see the difference in the striping on both cars.

Don
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DPotter 5.JPG
Views:	27
Size:	200.9 KB
ID:	5220   Click image for larger version

Name:	68gt20.JPG
Views:	22
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	5221  

68 GT/CS 390 "S" Code, 4 spd, 93 LX Hatchback Supercharged
68gt390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/10/2007, 12:09 AM   #3
J_Speegle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duker View Post
Hi everyone

Please understand that not all of the cars you will see in magazines or on the web are restored back to original or may not even be real Calif Specials.

This forum is a good place to get the straight scoop about the details concerning these cars since the public presentation of questions allows for consent peer review.
J_Speegle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/10/2007, 04:13 AM   #4
gazrox
My Car Details

I'm goin' nowhere and I'm in a hurry

My CS had both "Mustang" and "California Special" scripts on the trunk lid at some stage of its life, but that will be fixed during the restoration.

A few weeks ago I spent lots of time looking through the galleries and convinced myself that my car was wrong - it was bothering the *&^%&% out of me as something didn't quite look right.

Gary

Seafoam Green '68 GT/CS
gazrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/10/2007, 01:07 PM   #5
Duker

eBay: bfd180

Thank you for the input.

I knew you would set me straight. To be honest I liked the CS in script on the trunk lid in the picture on e bay. Mine has the Mustang script only. I guess at the end of the day some owners add a piece of themselves to make their car unique but not "out too lunch" if you know what I mean.

I did that to all of my cars in my younger days when I think about it. Now I'm just happy to have my "Royal Maroon"
Duker is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions