CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 09/15/2007, 01:12 PM   #1
hcsstang

eBay: hcsstang

Mustang Monthly

Just received my Oct. issue of Mustang monthly. Joel Franckowiak GTCS is featured in the Oct. issue. It disussed the history of the GTCS'S and the High Country Specials. The article is very interesting.

302 V4 HCS
hcsstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/15/2007, 06:06 PM   #2
BroadwayBlue
My Car Details

Send a message via AIM to BroadwayBlue
I just finished reading it myself. I'll try to scan it in later.

Nice car!!

History in the article was pretty accurate. A few things were off but much more accurate than some other articles I've read.

The 2 things I noted were they said Marchal/Lucas lights were dependent upon supply and they made it sound like 4118 CS's and 251 HCSs

More important though a GREAT looking car all around. Congrats to Joel.

Rich

1968 Acapulco Blue GT/CS 289 * 1996 Red GT Convertible *
BroadwayBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/15/2007, 09:04 PM   #3
hicountrybob

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlue View Post
I just finished reading it myself. I'll try to scan it in later.

Nice car!!

History in the article was pretty accurate. A few things were off but much more accurate than some other articles I've read.

The 2 things I noted were they said Marchal/Lucas lights were dependent upon supply and they made it sound like 4118 CS's and 251 HCSs

More important though a GREAT looking car all around. Congrats to Joel.
Yes, AND Brad B. has been writing long enough (and I do know him) to know that checking for currant numbers and other data like the Lucas statement is as close as logging on this site and/or calling Paul or myself to get the currant "skinny" on #'s etc. This type of stuff really bothers me as it leaves doubt and problems for all of us, like someone will question us owners and (as I've said before) say "I heard, I read , someone told me bla, bla, bla", then it's up to us all to correct them. Try buying a hardback from Barnes and Noble about Mustangs and we get authors, particularly from England, who print old outdated facts from other books. One would think these guys would do their own homework and that's exactly what the publishers should demand from them. I'm done, Bob here.
hicountrybob is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions