• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale: Acapulco Blue GT/CS 302 J-Code

BroadwayBlue

Hi Everyone!
I have decided to sell one of my Specials. I have owned the car since June 2005. I wish I could hold onto it but I can’t right now. This is not a 100 point show car but is great as is for cruise nights, local shows or as a weekend or daily driver.

I'm posting it here for a few days first before putting it elsewhere.

Below are details on the car and at the bottom is a link to an online photo album. (Note: This weekend I’m going to try and get the car on ramps or jack stands to get some front end pictures and will add them.)

Ø 1968 Mustang Coupe GT/CS “California Special”
Ø VIN: 8R01J160200
Ø Data Plate: 65A I 2G 13E 75 5 1
Ø Acapulco Blue with White Stripes (Originally Lime Gold) - Older Paint Job (Good Driver Quality Condition: 10-15 footer)
Ø Black Interior (Originally Ivy Gold) - Starting to show some wear but in good overall condition
Ø 302 4bbl V8 - Original Engine with VIN Stamped on block and Engine Tag intact
Ø 3 Speed
Ø Manual Steering
Ø Manual Brakes
Ø Original Smog Equipment
Ø Lucas Fog Lights
Ø Original Dealer Installed A/C Juniper Unit with York Compressor
(Fan works, needs recharging R-12)
Ø 5 Matching Tires (Good Year Eagle ST) with GT Center Caps
Ø Holley 600 Carburetor
Ø Dual Exhaust
Ø Aftermarket AM/FM Cassette with 4 speakers (radio doesn’t tune stations, but cassette works)

Ø Deluxe Marti Report (Included with Sale)
Ø History (as told to me by previous owner)
  • Originally purchased by someone from Arizona - Marti Report indicates New Mexico dealership
  • Driven to NY by original owner
  • 2nd owner’s wife, from Long Island, NY didn’t like manual steering and sold the car after 2 years
  • 3rd owner, also from Long Island area owned the car from 1985- 2005
Ø I am the 4th owner and purchased the car June, 2005 - Selling due too many Mustangs and not enough stables. I currently own 3 Mustangs, 2 GT/CS and a 1996 GT Convertible in addition to our daily drivers
Ø Previous owner indicated engine was rebuilt to factory specs about
35,000 miles ago (not confirmed)
Ø Solid Car – drive anywhere, great for cruise nights, shows well, always a
conversation starter, holds its own at shows
Ø Currently Registered in NY State and recently passed NY State Safety
Inspection

Ø The following work has been completed since purchasing it in June 2005
($2700+ in parts)
  • Front Brakes – Replaced shoes, drums, hardware, bearings, races, seals, hoses
  • Rear Brakes - Replaced shoes, drums, hardware, bearings, seals
  • Replaced all of the following:
    • Rear Brake Hose
    • Master Cylinder
    • Pinion Seal and Bearing (Shim Rear-end)
    • Front Springs and Rubber Insulators
    • Rear Leaf Springs (Shackle, Bolts, Rear Spring Plates)
    • Clutch Rods
    • New Points and Condenser
    • All Lug Nuts
    • Rear Light Gaskets
    • Belts
    • Alternator (New)
    • Regulator (New)
    • Battery Tray, Hold down & Cables (Positive/Negative)
    • Remote Driver Side Mirror
Asking $16,900

Please email or PM for more info.

SLIDESHOW LINK http://ponyrides.smugmug.com/photos/sspopup.mg?AlbumID=3386839

*If the slideshow link pictures look fuzzy or not clear, use the link below and go to the slideshow from there by using the button on the top right of the screen.
You can also try hitting "refresh" of F5 if they are fuzzy, that seems to correct it as well.
The pictures should be clear, not sure why that's happening, not happening on all PCs I tried though.

PHOTO ALBUM LINK (Including this link in case the above link isn't working properly)
http://ponyrides.smugmug.com/gallery/3386839/1/189224101

189224117-S.jpg

189224129-S.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

Car is listed at $16,500

Hey everyone!
I couldn't edit my original post but wanted to let you know that I have the car listed at a few classified web sites at $16,500 or OBO.

Thanks!

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

Hey Everyone!

The car has been sold!!

Korey (aka wally05) joined the site today and is already an owner of an 07 CS. My J-Code should be on his way to him shortly.

Thanks!

wally05

Thank you. :) I am excited. Should be on the FedEx truck next week and on my way. :D

68gt390

Korey;
Welcome to the site. We'll have to try and hook-up next summer for a couple shows. I'm just west of Columbus, OH. Our mustang club is hosting an MCA National show (Jun 08) here in Columbus next year. We also have our all mustang show at Kreiger Ford here in Columbus every August. Sure would be nice to have another CS to show along with mine.

Don :cool:

Last edited:

wally05

That sounds good! I'll hopefully have it out on the road a lot next summer. You'll have to let me know where everything is going to happen at and I'll be there. I actually go to Delaware OH a lot over the summer to visit my gf's family. :)