CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 03/15/2007, 07:41 PM   #1
admin
Administrator
My Car Details

Just your friendly neighborhood webmaster...

My Garage
Exclamation ADMIN - One of our own has passed away

I'm struggling with how to make this very shocking and horrible announcement, so I will just be brief...

On February 21, 2007 Jason Wieder died in a car accident while driving his GT/CS. Many of you knew him as Jayscal, an active and long time member here on the forums. His car is featured in May on the CS.com wall calendar.

I was contacted by one of his good friends a couple of weeks ago, but didn't want to post anything until getting permission from Jason's wife.

Although most of us may never meet I like to think of this group as good friends, and I know this is very hard news to hear. Please keep his family and friends in your thoughts and prayers.

admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/15/2007, 07:57 PM   #2
bztz4m

Sorry to hear about a loss of a fellow GT/CS owner and friend of the forum

2013 GT/CS Coupe Build Date: 8/1/2012
Blend Number: 3899 Build Sequence Number: 0396652
GTCSregistry.com
http://gtcsregistry.com
bztz4m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/15/2007, 08:18 PM   #3
speedy02
My Car Details

Send a message via AIM to speedy02 Send a message via MSN to speedy02 Send a message via Yahoo to speedy02
My thoughts and prayers go to his family.

I was just talking to him in early Feb about the seats he installed and I am visiting that area in July and was going to try to meet up with him. I am deeply sadden on his death.
speedy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/15/2007, 08:30 PM   #4
BroadwayBlue
My Car Details

Send a message via AIM to BroadwayBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Although most of us may never meet I like to think of this group as good friends, and I know this is very hard news to hear. Please keep his family and friends in your thoughts and prayers.
They are all in my prayers.
This is difficult and sad news to hear.

I'm having a tough time to find the words I want to say right now.

I've always felt the same way about the site. I feel like I truly "know" many of you although we've never met or talked. A great group of friends.
We've all lost a friend...

Rich

1968 Acapulco Blue GT/CS 289 * 1996 Red GT Convertible *
BroadwayBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/15/2007, 09:14 PM   #5
PNewitt

Finding out about this, this morning via PM from another member was very disheartening, to say the least. This, to my knowledge, has never happened in the registry. Accidents, yes, but not a total loss like this. Hearing this stopped me in my tracks all day today.

Like many of those that I see here, I may not have connected a direct friendship with Jay, but I DO see the names and avitars, and the content of the words, and I DO feel like this is a group of family members. Certainly, more conversation has "gone under the bridge" here than with my own cousins.

What strikes me personally, is although I didn't know Jay all that well, he got his GT/CS at 18, and had it for a very long time--and that it was Maroon. All of the very same parallels as the ownership of my (maroon) GT/CS. I think of all the good times in my car, the dates, the taunting for a race at the light, the long drives home in the rain, and yet; here is someone with a parallel experience--that is now gone. The irony and sympathy is almost unbearable to feel.

I think it's fair to say that we all thought: that could have been me. Same car, same situations, same love for what we hold dear to ourselves. For a moment, it makes us stop and think about our own fragility on the road, and how this (almost) 40 year old vehicle can show it's collective "safety age"--as compared to today's cars with air bags, ABS, etc. Driving any Mustang pre-1975, in today's traffic, is like roughing it in a vintage WWII fighter. People in luxury, and/or safety-enhanced vehicles drive with that (false sense of) "confidence", and will go faster, and brake later than we would in our vehicles. The realities (and stastistics) of the road are not good. We like to bask in the glory of the heritage, but, at times we could use the four-point harness, the gas shield, roll bar, and four-dics ABS, just to survive out there. I dread at the thought of what could have happened to me in all those 450,000 miles of driving. Like the night in 1992, while on 101 in Hollywood, an "crazy old Bonneville" was weaving through traffic at 95 mph, and missed my rear by literally one inch...

What I feel is not unlike how Firemen, Police, or Military comrades feel when they lose someone they may not know all that well in the same unit. It's disheartening, because we are so CLOSE to the same elements that they were in.

I will miss Jay, and it will give me a little more appreciation of just what we all have here together. My part has been the collective conversation with owners for over 30 years, including this site. I feel like I lost a family member. I, at least have been seeing folks as a name, an avitar, and their words and smileys. I will see everyone from now on as a little bit closer, and view this appreciation of this type of Mustang a lot more than I have--because it has MORE to do with people than it has to do with sheet metal, iron and fiberglass.

My heart goes out to Jay's wife and family, and to those that knew him.
He will be remembered in the book.

Paul M. Newitt
GT/CS Registrar
Old 03/15/2007, 09:45 PM   #6
Diesel Donna
My Car Details

Take that pony for a ride!

Oh I have such an empty heart over this loss in our family. I hurt all day today when I found out.
My deepest condolences to his wife Franny and family.

Rest in peace my brother.

My GT/CS was my first car, still have it 43 years later. Paid $800. Featured in the May 1998 issue of Mustang Illustrated.
70 Cadillac S&S Ambulance, 70 Toyota Land Cruiser
Diesel Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/15/2007, 10:04 PM   #7
miller511
My Car Details

My Garage
Prayers go out to his family.
Rest in Peace brother.

Jeff Miller-
1968 Tahoe Turquoise GT/CS
2007 Black GT/CS Coupe
miller511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/16/2007, 03:33 AM   #8
somethingspecial

My Garage
When I got the call today, I was in shock. I never had the privilage to talk, or chat with Jason, but his moniker and avitar are known to me. I felt, with heavy heart, like I had lost a close friend or family member. Last year, my wife and I, held the August BBQ at our home for the proud owners of the GT/CS. We didn't care if the car was running or not, If not, Get here anyways. Well, We quickly learned the members of this site, and outside of the site, are some of the best people we have ever met. We quickly became a family, and will be proud to get with them again. Jason, We never met, but I know you see these words, May you enjoy the ride, as you were doing on that fateful night, and I will see you later my friend and brother. We will save a place for you at the table this August. Our deepest sympathy to your family. Mike and Robinette Jewell.

Mike Jewell
GT/CS Registrar
mikej@bigbytes.com
If at first you don't succeed, Parachuting is not for you!!!!
somethingspecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/16/2007, 04:18 AM   #9
Mustanglvr
My Car Details

Former GT/CS owner :(

Send a message via Yahoo to Mustanglvr
My Garage
Rest in Peace Jay.

Here are some of Jay`s words written in early February.
http://californiaspecial.com/forums/...7138#post37138

RHONDA
GT/CS FOREVER!
Mustanglvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/16/2007, 04:50 AM   #10
rvrtrash

So many cars, so little time!

My Garage
This is horrible! I can't even express how I feel, except to ask if there is anything I can do to help. Is there an address for the funeral home or somewhere I can at least send a card?

Steve

The wannabe formerly known as an owner.
rvrtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/16/2007, 05:10 AM   #11
69convert

That is terrible news. A good reminder on how precious life is and how we should be thankful for every day. I feel for his family.
69convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/16/2007, 07:20 AM   #12
Mustanger

Life is precious, and everyone is special ... I hope we can all be reminded to be kind and patient with one another ... my prayers go out to Jay's family and friends ...

"Always do right. This will gratify some people, and astonish the rest." - Mark Twain
Mustanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/16/2007, 08:32 AM   #13
our special

My thoughts and prayers are with Jays family and freinds at this most difficult time.

Dave
our special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/16/2007, 08:36 AM   #14
68gt390
My Car Details

The car that became a diecast

My heart felt condolences go out to his family. It's never easy loosing a loved one but, to loose them in this way, long before their time is even more tragic.

Don

Last edited by 68gt390; 03/16/2007 at 09:25 AM..

68 GT/CS 390 "S" Code, 4 spd, 93 LX Hatchback Supercharged
68gt390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/16/2007, 09:10 AM   #15
obsidianspider
My Car Details

Send a message via AIM to obsidianspider
God bless. He was from my home town before he moved to FL and was one of the first people to welcome me to the boards. He will be missed.
obsidianspider is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions