CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 07/11/2007, 01:23 PM   #1
Mustanger

Wink North West GT/CS for sale ...

Check it out:

http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/sh.../post/new/#NEW

"Always do right. This will gratify some people, and astonish the rest." - Mark Twain
Mustanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/11/2007, 02:57 PM   #2
case12

'66 Convert., '00 GT Convert., '36 Ford, '07 Shelby GT-H Convt.

eBay: case12

No side reflectors on rear quarters, but lights on front fenders. Rear end damage? Casey

1968 GT/CS on cover and featured article, "Gold Rush", in Mustang Times, February 2006
1966 Convertible featured article, "Sweet '66' ", in Mustang Times, January 2008
case12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/11/2007, 03:09 PM   #3
Mustanger

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by case12 View Post
No side reflectors on rear quarters, but lights on front fenders. Rear end damage? Casey
... yeah, sorry I'm not able to see the pic's, you may want to contact him about it ...

"Always do right. This will gratify some people, and astonish the rest." - Mark Twain
Mustanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/11/2007, 10:20 PM   #4
DeadStang

My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by case12 View Post
Nope, the holes for the mounts have been filled (you can see this on the inside of the trunk). No metal work has been done that I can tell and the quarters are original. The same car (mine) was discussed in this thread when I had on eBay a few weeks back:

http://www.californiaspecial.com/for...ead.php?t=4959
DeadStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/18/2007, 07:24 PM   #5
Highlander

Hi there; While attending the local Mustang Roundup, held here last weekend, I had the pleasure of meeting this cars owner, and viewing this vehicle up close. The lady had driven the car, quite some distance, in hopes of finding a prospective buyer. While looking the car over, I would bet on it's authenticity. The car's grille, seemed to be in excellent condition, and the rest of the unique parts, seemed correct, and in place. The dash pad was covering the Vin numbers, but she had assured me that they had checked it out, and had a Deluxe Marti Report. The car was missing the original Hood, Hood locks, and Brackets, and for what seemed without explanation, someone had filled the rear Quarter indentations. I seem to remember the car having an early April build date? It's not a Show car, But seemed to be a very respectable, and I would guess a somewhat dependable Daily driver, considering the show we attended was 200 miles away from the Oregon border.

J.R.
Highlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/18/2007, 08:34 PM   #6
DeadStang

My Garage
Yes, the little white CS made the trip up to Bellevue and back like a champ. Got pretty decent gas mileage, too--I was pleasantly surprised. Thanks for your kind words about my car--it was nice meeting you. :-)

My CS was built in mid-March (Bucked 3/13/68, Built 3/18/68, Released 3/22/68). Here's a somewhat readable picture of the Marti report for anyone interested. It's freshly detailed after the long drive home and ready to go to a new home...I'm open to reasonable offers.

Old 07/22/2007, 09:13 PM   #7
DeadStang

My Garage
$12,995...
Old 07/24/2007, 06:19 PM   #8
HappyHour

Hey there. Is it possible to see a picture offline of the dash of your CS with the "pedal mounted over the headlight high/low switch that activates the windshield wipers". Been some time since I had my Mustang (67) so I forgot what the setup looks like. Thanks!

PS: Are you set for PM as it gets "denied"
HappyHour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/24/2007, 07:39 PM   #9
DeadStang

My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHour View Post
Hey there. Is it possible to see a picture offline of the dash of your CS with the "pedal mounted over the headlight high/low switch that activates the windshield wipers". Been some time since I had my Mustang (67) so I forgot what the setup looks like. Thanks!

PS: Are you set for PM as it gets "denied"
I get PMs all the time--don't know what's up. Try again (PM) and give me your address (or post it here); I have kind of a close-up of the pedal, but it's way under dash, over the high/low headlight switch.

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > Classified Ads