• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

"basic off standard"

rananim

Does any one know the sigificance of the "basic off standard" production code? An earlier post indicated it meant promotional, but can that be verified?
rananim

robert campbell

Casey had another post a bit ago that talked some about this information that is on the Marti report. My car is "local promotion". Basic off standard sounds like what Ford may have called a "basic" GT/CS that was special ordered with some more options. Believe me that is a huge guess!! Some are obvious like "fleet".

I have a contact from a Ford dealer who was around in 1968. I plan to quiz him on these entries. It is obvious to me that Ford built cars that they thought would sell with no input from the field. That dealers ordered cars that seem to move better in their area. That customers ordered special cars.

Something tells me that the above instances would have altered the order type entry on the report. How remains to be seen.

Rob

merittone

how do I post something for sale.

Hello I am tryig to find out how to post something for sale. I am registered and new to the site. Thanks in advance for any help.