CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 06/25/2007, 12:43 PM   #1
PNewitt

One Owner has 8 GT/CSs in the Bay Area--all for sale

I was talking to a vendor at the Mustang show last weekend, and (since he saw my GT/CS shirt) was told that someone in the Bay Area (Calif.) owns 8 GT/CSs, and would like ot sell all of them at once for $100k.

At this time, it's not confirmed, but I'm going to be giving my contact a call in about a week to see what is the story; the condition of the cars, engine/trans type, etc.

This may be a small gold mine for some of you. I don't know more than this right now...but I will post what I find out soon.

I just wanted to give a heads up to any potential buyers. I'm not sure if the owner wants to sell one or two here and there--I'll find out.

More coming as I find out about it. When I do--I may go there, and make a detailed report, VINs, condition, photos, etc.

Stay tuned.
Paul N.
Old 06/25/2007, 01:20 PM   #2
Midnight Special
My Car Details

...I heard about those. 'CS and some HCS plus a cache of parts... The price you give is higher than I thought, however...

Last edited by Midnight Special; 06/25/2007 at 02:23 PM..

Tim
Midnight Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/25/2007, 06:31 PM   #3
gt bandit
My Car Details

Down Under Thunder

send details Urgently ------- Cashed up and ready to pounce.

shaun

68 J/R code special - 2007 Turbo Territory - Mercedes CLK 2008
gt bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/25/2007, 07:16 PM   #4
390cs68rcode
My Car Details

Have you driven your CS or Cobra Jet today?

eBay: jbsteven1

My Garage
8 CS/HCS's? and I thought I was obsessive about some things.........

2005 Ford GT (2000hp)226.2 mph in the standing mile, 2008 Superleggera UGR X Version (2000+hp),2014 S63, 89 IROC 30k miles, 150 shot NOS
390cs68rcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/25/2007, 08:13 PM   #5
BroadwayBlue
My Car Details

Send a message via AIM to BroadwayBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Special View Post
...I heard about those. 'CS and some HCS plus a cache of parts... The price you give is higher than I thought, however...
I heard the same as you Tim.

Rich

1968 Acapulco Blue GT/CS 289 * 1996 Red GT Convertible *
BroadwayBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/25/2007, 10:11 PM   #6
yukon

I am very interested...

... in some or all depending on the details. $$$ not a problem; please keep me informed.

Yukon
yukon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/01/2007, 10:40 PM   #7
hicountrybob

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNewitt View Post
I was talking to a vendor at the Mustang show last weekend, and (since he saw my GT/CS shirt) was told that someone in the Bay Area (Calif.) owns 8 GT/CSs, and would like ot sell all of them at once for $100k.

At this time, it's not confirmed, but I'm going to be giving my contact a call in about a week to see what is the story; the condition of the cars, engine/trans type, etc.

This may be a small gold mine for some of you. I don't know more than this right now...but I will post what I find out soon.

I just wanted to give a heads up to any potential buyers. I'm not sure if the owner wants to sell one or two here and there--I'll find out.

More coming as I find out about it. When I do--I may go there, and make a detailed report, VINs, condition, photos, etc.

Stay tuned.
Paul N.
Now, for the rest of the story, but just in a different end of Cal. Paul. my friend and yours also, Ernie Gonzales in Poway, California (very close to San Diego) called me a couple of weeks ago to tell me that he was selling his collection of HCS and CAL. SPECIALS. Included are 2 "68 HCS cars (including my first ever, a deluxe int. C code that I sold to him years ago and he was still driving it 'til this past year and a half). He also has 6 Cal. Sp. and 1 reg. coupe, for a total of 9 cars. There are no 6 bangers, but 1 Cal Sp. is a "J" code and the rest are "C" codes. 1 car has AC, many have PDB, PS and consoles. I've visit Ernie and his wife twice over the past few years and have seen all these cars . For the most part, they are non rusty and not smashed, but mostly complete and very restorable. He also has a large "TUFT SHED" building that when one opens the door, you would think the stuff would be tumbling out on your head ie. consoles, s/s wheels, trim rings, center caps, scoops, Lucas stuff, spoiler lids, end caps, grills, trim stuff, gas caps, you name it, it's in there. At this time, Ernie wishes to sell EVERYTHING, shed contents included to 1 party, for a figure near $70,000, maybe plus and he said he would negoiate. Be aware that he was offered 50, said NO, same party came back at 60, NO again. He doesn't want to hear how much your shipping would be or what your storage situation may or may not be, or how much it will cost to restore these cars. Believe me, he knows and he knows their value and knows what the market is on them today. I've offered to buy my old HCS from him but right now it's all or nothing. Please be NICE to him 'cause HE is very courtous, low key and a complete gentleman. NOW FOR HIS PHONE NUMBERS. Home 858-748-6512 and Cell 858-518-6697. THAT'S MY STORY AND I'M STICKING TO IT. good luck, someone. Oh, if only I was younger. P.S. Many, maybe all of these cars are in Paul N. '89 and/or '95 book. Hicountry Bob Teets here.
hicountrybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/02/2007, 01:47 AM   #8
gt bandit
My Car Details

Down Under Thunder

Any more details on colors etc - I probably cant get the lot over the line.
But i would be keen on any original black cars.

shaun

68 J/R code special - 2007 Turbo Territory - Mercedes CLK 2008
gt bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/03/2007, 08:13 AM   #9
joedls
My Car Details

eBay: 65-4-me

I'd be interested if I had storage space. Anyone in Southern CA have storage space available for a percentage?

Joe

HP numbers are good and all, but they're like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make, if I can still kick your ass.
joedls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/03/2007, 02:12 PM   #10
speedy02
My Car Details

Send a message via AIM to speedy02 Send a message via MSN to speedy02 Send a message via Yahoo to speedy02
anyone know the spec's of each one?
speedy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/03/2007, 03:29 PM   #11
PNewitt

Meanwhile, over in the Bay Area....

I asked my contact about getting a ph. number today, and was told to check back on Friday. He knows the cousin of the owner.

I'll get a look at these cars, take some pics if I have time, and then report back to everyone, possibly with photos.

If the Owner is OK with it--I'll post his number for anyone to call (if they are serious).

Stay Tuned,

Paul.
Old 07/03/2007, 05:21 PM   #12
hicountrybob

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy02 View Post
anyone know the spec's of each one?
Yeah, the owner! Call him and let us know. Bob here.
hicountrybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/09/2007, 04:07 PM   #13
yukon

Gentlemen,

Appreciate the update on Poway. Paul, also very interested in what you learn in the bay area. I'm more interested in the cars themselves vs. cars plus parts but will follow-up on both. Feel free to msg or email me directly.

Regards,
Yukon
yukon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/10/2007, 04:33 PM   #14
Midnight Special
My Car Details

...Reasonably certain it's the Poway lot with a higher price tag and shipment to the Bay Area. 'Opinion only. I'd like to be proven wrong...

Tim
Midnight Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/10/2007, 07:27 PM   #15
PNewitt

I got a call from my contact today, and he left me a number of the owner.

I tried to call the owner--no response tonight, but I'll keep trying to see if I have his permission to leave his number here on this thread.

Sorry for the delay--but third party situations like this, you know, take a while.

I'll post the info ASAP.

Paul N.

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions