CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 03/24/2007, 03:45 PM   #1
bztz4m
 

Joined: Jan 07
Posts: 152

Dash plate idea

I saw this on another forum I thought it would be a good idea for the California Special registry for our dash plates. What do you all think.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dash1.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	3862   Click image for larger version

Name:	dash2.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	3863  

2013 GT/CS Coupe Build Date: 8/1/2012
Blend Number: 3899 Build Sequence Number: 0396652
GTCSregistry.com
http://gtcsregistry.com
bztz4m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/24/2007, 05:10 PM   #2
rvrtrash
 
rvrtrash's Avatar
 
So many cars, so little time!

Location: Post Falls, Id.
Joined: Apr 03
Posts: 3,437

My Garage
I like the one on the right. It looks more "period correct".

Steve

The wannabe formerly known as an owner.
rvrtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/24/2007, 05:52 PM   #3
PNewitt
Guest
 

Posts: n/a

For the '68 cars, I actually have had that in the works. We talked about it some time ago. Owners would have to provide a Marti Report, or Orig. invoice (copies) to get one. it would affix to the notch in the driver's side fender, via sticky emblem tape, or rivets. It's coming....and the artwork is 90% done.

As for the late models--nothing yet, but I could get to it after I finish my other "very busy' projects right now.

It's a good idea, and it adds to the car.

Paul N.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03/24/2007, 06:08 PM   #4
bztz4m
 

Joined: Jan 07
Posts: 152

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNewitt View Post
For the '68 cars, I actually have had that in the works. We talked about it some time ago. Owners would have to provide a Marti Report, or Orig. invoice (copies) to get one. it would affix to the notch in the driver's side fender, via sticky emblem tape, or rivets. It's coming....and the artwork is 90% done.

As for the late models--nothing yet, but I could get to it after I finish my other "very busy' projects right now.

It's a good idea, and it adds to the car.

Paul N.
How were you doing the registry numbering on the plate? My thought for the newer GTCS was something like this: GTCS2007XXXX. Where the X's would be the member number in the registry.

2013 GT/CS Coupe Build Date: 8/1/2012
Blend Number: 3899 Build Sequence Number: 0396652
GTCSregistry.com
http://gtcsregistry.com
bztz4m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/24/2007, 06:20 PM   #5
hotrodgrany
My Car Details
 
hotrodgrany's Avatar
 
My Fast Stangs

Location: Holstein, Iowa
Joined: Sep 06
eBay: leona289
Posts: 781

Send a message via MSN to hotrodgrany
Quote:
Originally Posted by bztz4m View Post
How were you doing the registry numbering on the plate? My thought for the newer GTCS was something like this: GTCS2007XXXX. Where the X's would be the member number in the registry.
excellent idea, I agree with you
hotrodgrany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/24/2007, 09:02 PM   #6
PNewitt
Guest
 

Posts: n/a

Well, I don't agree that you can just set up a sequence number of "who has what dash emblem". In the context of doing a true registry, that makes no sense.

I, or someone needs to find where in the 2007 VIN number is the sequence build number. That is what should be used. We can make up a prefix, that's OK, but it should be followed by the build number (or part of it at least).

Also--in order to give these plaques (late model) "meaning", I would need proof of it actually being a GT/CS. This would mean a photocopy of the actual invoice. With these fascia parts, side scoops and stripe kits available, we're back to proof of authenticity.

I know the enthusiasm for these cars is rampant--and I totally understand, but we need to do this right, and consistent with the WHOLE registry, to make it valid, and to make it right. This will take some time.

Paul N.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03/25/2007, 06:51 AM   #7
2007GTCS
My Car Details
 
2007GTCS's Avatar
 

Location: NW Washington State
Joined: Feb 07
Posts: 74

I like the dash plaque that goes between the A/C vents. Shelby is using that format for their new cars (I'd like something that looks of a better quality than the one shown in the pic above). As for the production sequence, this is off of the MyFord website.
Chris
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MustangVIN.gif
Views:	24
Size:	7.3 KB
ID:	3864  
2007GTCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/25/2007, 07:06 AM   #8
2007GTCS
My Car Details
 
2007GTCS's Avatar
 

Location: NW Washington State
Joined: Feb 07
Posts: 74

Here's the plaque Shelby is using on the GT-H
Chris
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gthplaque.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	3865  
2007GTCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/25/2007, 07:49 AM   #9
hotrodgrany
My Car Details
 
hotrodgrany's Avatar
 
My Fast Stangs

Location: Holstein, Iowa
Joined: Sep 06
eBay: leona289
Posts: 781

Send a message via MSN to hotrodgrany
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007GTCS View Post
I like the dash plaque that goes between the A/C vents. Shelby is using that format for their new cars (I'd like something that looks of a better quality than the one shown in the pic above). As for the production sequence, this is off of the MyFord website.
Chris
Hay this is my HVBoM report thanks to Ron will any info help. Will this help out with information on the 07-08 GT/CS for the new book Paul is doing. This is on my 2007 Mustang GT/CS
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hotrodgrany1.JPG
Views:	15
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	3868   Click image for larger version

Name:	hotrodgrany2.JPG
Views:	6
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	3869  
hotrodgrany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/25/2007, 12:19 PM   #10
PNewitt
Guest
 

Posts: n/a

This is really great. I like this "instant" help and resource to help me out (believe me, I am so swamped with work right now).

A few questions to the '07 owners:

1. would you be satisfied with only the six-digit sequence number on the plaque?

2. I need to check, but they build all current Mustangs at Flat Rock only? That way, we wouldn't need the factory code.

3. I don't think we need the engine code, since they all have the GT V-8.

4. Any other info, or (" GT/CS unique") numbers you'd like to see on the plaque?
We can begin with a prefix, then the six digit sequence number. Like this:
GT/CS Reg. 07 - XXXXXX

How's that?

also..as I know some of you like the die-cut plaque they used for the Shelby, they are expensive to make. The '06 "California Edition" they made for No. Calif. had a simple rectangular plaque, which I think is more subtle. There are some stock shapes for plaques like this, being square, rectangular, and oval. I think an oval one would mimick the Ford logo, as well as look unique for the GT/CS, and people would know immediately from that shape on the dash (which would distinguish it from the usual car show plaques). I also think that gold (brushed brass) with black lettering, would look more "California", being the Golden State, and it would match the decals for the windows.

thanks again!! Paul.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03/25/2007, 02:41 PM   #11
bztz4m
 

Joined: Jan 07
Posts: 152

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNewitt View Post
This is really great. I like this "instant" help and resource to help me out (believe me, I am so swamped with work right now).

A few questions to the '07 owners:

1. would you be satisfied with only the six-digit sequence number on the plaque?

2. I need to check, but they build all current Mustangs at Flat Rock only? That way, we wouldn't need the factory code.

3. I don't think we need the engine code, since they all have the GT V-8.

4. Any other info, or (" GT/CS unique") numbers you'd like to see on the plaque?
We can begin with a prefix, then the six digit sequence number. Like this:
GT/CS Reg. 07 - XXXXXX

How's that?

also..as I know some of you like the die-cut plaque they used for the Shelby, they are expensive to make. The '06 "California Edition" they made for No. Calif. had a simple rectangular plaque, which I think is more subtle. There are some stock shapes for plaques like this, being square, rectangular, and oval. I think an oval one would mimick the Ford logo, as well as look unique for the GT/CS, and people would know immediately from that shape on the dash (which would distinguish it from the usual car show plaques). I also think that gold (brushed brass) with black lettering, would look more "California", being the Golden State, and it would match the decals for the windows.

thanks again!! Paul.
As far as the numbering sequence for the plate I think that would work it would be unique to each owner.

The shape of the plate a square, rectangle or even the oval would be cool it would be cool to see what each would look like maybe use photoshop or paintshop pro to get an idea on how it would look like.

Last edited by bztz4m; 03/25/2007 at 03:19 PM..

2013 GT/CS Coupe Build Date: 8/1/2012
Blend Number: 3899 Build Sequence Number: 0396652
GTCSregistry.com
http://gtcsregistry.com
bztz4m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/26/2007, 06:15 AM   #12
2007GTCS
My Car Details
 
2007GTCS's Avatar
 

Location: NW Washington State
Joined: Feb 07
Posts: 74

Paul,
Flat Rock is the only production plant. I'd be good with either just the six digit prod. seq. # or the full VIN. I'm kinda partial to the between the A/C vents shape, I'm not sure how any other shape would look between there. I think if it was another shape, it might be better to mount it on the passenger side upper airbag cover (roughly where the glove box is on classic Mustangs...where Shelby signed the originals). As for the colors of the plaques, I'm trying to visualize what a gold plaque would look like against the silver background of the dash. Even a black plaque with gold lettering might look good since black is a pretty dominant color in all '07 interiors.
2007GTCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/26/2007, 07:01 AM   #13
Ladystang
My Car Details
 
Ladystang's Avatar
 
Member of South Jersey Mustang Club

Location: New Jersey
Joined: Jan 07
Posts: 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007GTCS View Post
Paul,
Flat Rock is the only production plant. I'd be good with either just the six digit prod. seq. # or the full VIN. I'm kinda partial to the between the A/C vents shape, I'm not sure how any other shape would look between there. I think if it was another shape, it might be better to mount it on the passenger side upper airbag cover (roughly where the glove box is on classic Mustangs...where Shelby signed the originals). As for the colors of the plaques, I'm trying to visualize what a gold plaque would look like against the silver background of the dash. Even a black plaque with gold lettering might look good since black is a pretty dominant color in all '07 interiors.

I agree with above!!
Ladystang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/30/2007, 05:20 PM   #14
SD CASPCL
My Car Details
 
SD CASPCL's Avatar
 

Location: Rapid City, SD
Joined: Mar 07
Posts: 34

My Garage
Dash Plate

I agree, with the idea, and I am partial to the center dash location, similar to the Shelby's or possibly on the right side of the dash above the glove box door.
SD CASPCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/09/2007, 06:45 AM   #15
Vay
My Car Details
 
Vay's Avatar
 

Location: Philadelphia PA.
Joined: Nov 06
Posts: 19

I really like the way they did the Carrol Shelby plaque.

Would it effect the way the airbag deployed (god forbid) if you mounted it on the P/S?
Vay is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GT/CS Dash Plaque--I need your input. PNewitt GT/CS and HCS Discussions 43 10/01/2006 06:23 PM
New Idea?? PFSlim GT/CS and HCS Discussions 8 12/13/2004 08:57 AM
Looking for Paul Newitt's DASH EMBLEM Mr. Shelby Guy GT/CS and HCS Discussions 4 05/19/2004 06:12 AM
Ripping apart dash erselt GT/CS and HCS Discussions 11 07/20/2003 11:08 AM
Needing backing plate for console gtcsjcode Classified Ads 1 05/18/2003 01:40 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.


This site created, owned and maintained by Jon Hanna - Copyright 1996-2011
All rights reserved. CaliforniaSpecial.com is not affiliated with Ford Motor Company

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.