CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 03/09/2007, 01:03 PM   #1
PNewitt

A Question for 2007 GT/CS Owners..

We are fortunate to have many of the late model GT/CS owners on this site, with questions and ideas for accessory items.

I would like to know what sort of things you would like to see available in a limited production run? I may have some sources, and/or add them to my license agreement with Ford.

So far, we've seen--

-Rear Decklid Stripe

-New side stripes in other colors? (although other places do make these)

-Rear Vinyl (chrome and white) emblem

-Other emblems...GT/CS Registry Dash, or "under hood" Emblems?

-What about things like a Key Fob, a Registry Decal, Lic. Plate Frames, etc?

-your thoughts about a GT/CS Registry decal with the art of both generations of GT/CS?...and/or a 40th Anniv. Decal like that, too?

If you have any ideas or wants, please let me know, here, or as a PM.

Thanks!

Paul Newitt
Old 03/09/2007, 01:27 PM   #2
Mustanglvr
My Car Details

Former GT/CS owner :(

Send a message via Yahoo to Mustanglvr
My Garage
I hope Ford will add some of that stuff to the 08 GT/CS`s. Can`t they see the owners want them to look more like the 68`s? I mean, I can`t believe they did`nt put the identifying "California Special" script on the 07`s.

RHONDA
GT/CS FOREVER!
Mustanglvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/09/2007, 03:17 PM   #3
bztz4m

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNewitt View Post
We are fortunate to have many of the late model GT/CS owners on this site, with questions and ideas for accessory items.

I would like to know what sort of things you would like to see available in a limited production run? I may have some sources, and/or add them to my license agreement with Ford.

So far, we've seen--

-Rear Decklid Stripe

-your thoughts about a GT/CS Registry decal with the art of both generations of GT/CS?...and/or a 40th Anniv. Decal like that, too?

Thanks!

Paul Newitt
I would love to see a registry plate with the # of the car on the plate.. Like GT/CS 0001 of XXXX like the Shelby GT have on their cars.

The rear stripe would be nice addition I know there is member looking to have this done as well.

I wish Ford would have put a different spoiler on the rear to kind of look like the '68 GT/CS with the rear stripe.

A special Plenum cover with GT/CS on it would be nice.

Some kind of California special emblem maybe not as big as the original for the trunk area or rear quarter panel.

But all of the idea you have are great I would love to see these become reality

2013 GT/CS Coupe Build Date: 8/1/2012
Blend Number: 3899 Build Sequence Number: 0396652
GTCSregistry.com
http://gtcsregistry.com
bztz4m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/09/2007, 04:37 PM   #4
obsidianspider
My Car Details

Send a message via AIM to obsidianspider
I'd like to see someone reproduce the 2007 GT 500 prototype's hood with the sunken air extractors instead of the "nostrils" that are on the production 07 GT500. I think that hood would look great on a GT/CS since it is very reminiscent of the 68 "turn signal" hood. It's not quite an accessory, but it would still be sweet.

obsidianspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/10/2007, 05:00 AM   #5
2007GTCS
My Car Details

Paul,
I like the trunk stripe. Right now I'm trying to figure out what an "original" themed trunk stripe would look like with a Cervini's ducktail spoiler. I don't have photoshop, so if someone's got the time I'd like to see what it would look like on one of our cars. I also like the idea of a registry plate and a license plate frame like the ones for the '68s once the production #'s are figured out. Hood pins are on my list as well, but I'm not sure I like the dzus style.
2007GTCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/10/2007, 06:10 AM   #6
Onirb
My Car Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNewitt View Post

So far, we've seen--

-Rear Decklid Stripe

Thanks!

Paul Newitt
I would like the registry dash.

Having a Vista Blue I have been thinking of switching the side stripe from the black to white.

One of the biggest gripes I have read is the floormat issue. It is advertised as CS floormats but it only says mustang.

This may be out of the area of your question but chrome trim for the tailights and one piece chrome part to cover both foglights and extend around the front emblem. The only way this can be done as of now is buying the bezels and the trim and blending them together but the width of both pieces are slightly off.
Onirb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/10/2007, 07:04 AM   #7
obsidianspider
My Car Details

Send a message via AIM to obsidianspider
They say "Mustang" but regular Mustang floormats are plain and don't say anything. I bought some "regular" floormats and have my "GT/CS" ones still in the plastic bag.
obsidianspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/11/2007, 10:27 AM   #8
07GT/CS
My Car Details

Car Whisperer

I would be happy to see any of this stuff listed above.I had a 04 Mach1 and there wasnt alot of items either.The owner of Mach1Registry.com came up with stuff like Hats,Shirts,fendercovers,Licsense plate rings.Ther was a guy in Canada making dash Plaques with Build date owners name,HP rating.And he made one for under the hood.His name was Gary Loat and he owned a 01 Bullitt.Maybe sneak over to the site and start searching around.Personally I would buy what ever was made for the car.

2007 GT/CS white 5sp. Named Cali
13.2 at 110mph
www.showcardetail.com
07GT/CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/11/2007, 08:46 PM   #9
PNewitt

With all the Mustang variants, past, present (and future!), I'd think that the Mustang aftermarket would go for making items just for those type of owners.

Even if it was only 200 units, it could be a big business for someone out there.

I'll look over your ideas. I appreciate your responses, too!

Paul N.
Old 03/12/2007, 09:21 AM   #10
Caligirl
My Car Details

Member Mustang Club of St. Louis

I would like the GT/CS registry dash emblem, registry decal, license plate frame.
Caligirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/13/2007, 08:12 AM   #11
Ladystang
My Car Details

Member of South Jersey Mustang Club

All of the above!!
Ladystang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/19/2007, 09:58 AM   #12
Tampa07GTCS
My Car Details

I like all of those Ideas, I just bought my GT/CS on Saturday and already looking for Mods. I would like a GT/CS Cig Lighter Emblem so at least there would be something on the inside of the car that shows a limited edt.
Tampa07GTCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/19/2007, 12:02 PM   #13
Tampa07GTCS
My Car Details

I saw today on eBay that there is a GT/CS Rear tail-light cover for any of those who are interested. only $12.99 after shipping. Item# 130090905641

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...5641&rd=1&rd=1
Tampa07GTCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/19/2007, 06:58 PM   #14
hotrodgrany
My Car Details

My Fast Stangs

eBay: leona289

Send a message via MSN to hotrodgrany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladystang View Post
All of the above!!
I second that. Like to have mine as close to the original as possible. I wish I knew where to get the California Special emblem in script like just behind the gas cap on this one, but not sure if I bought one of the original ones they would fit. Any one knows where I can get them, if there out there someplace? This is not mine!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07964.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	3844  

Last edited by hotrodgrany; 03/20/2007 at 07:15 AM..
hotrodgrany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/20/2007, 07:17 AM   #15
hotrodgrany
My Car Details

My Fast Stangs

eBay: leona289

Send a message via MSN to hotrodgrany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa07GTCS View Post
I saw today on eBay that there is a GT/CS Rear tail-light cover for any of those who are interested. only $12.99 after shipping. Item# 130090905641

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...5641&rd=1&rd=1
Bobwhitedecals also makes these.
hotrodgrany is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions