CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 04/20/2007, 12:59 PM   #1
dpheyes
My Car Details

eBay: dpheyes

Good Restoration shops in Arizona?

Hi all,

I'm reweighing my options on restoring my GT/CS - the paint guy the club in Tucson recommends is way backed up. He did an unbelievably great job - better than new!

If I strip my car down to the body/frame, and want to get it completely refinished, does anyone have any recommendations for a shop or person in AZ who can do this?

I'm not interested in having a concours car, just one that I can drive on sunny days and in the local parades, etc. I want it to last another 40 years so I can pass it down to my kids.

Because I'm bringing the car to Alaska, I really want to have the bottom painted and undercoated well. Any recommendations on that? I have an old Ford PU that was "Deluxe Ziebarted" back in the day and even after sitting in the rain for 20 years, it's underside is clean and rust free. But, alas, Ziebart is kaput!

If the price is reasonable (I know that's a relative term!) I'd consider having a shop do most of the resto work before bringing it up.

So - if any of you AZ guys know a guy....

Thanks,
Doug
dpheyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/21/2007, 12:58 PM   #2
classicsguy

Hi: Are you willing to go out of your state? I researched Mustang Restoration shops throughout the USA for 1 year and know most of them,but dont know of any in Arizona. I know in several States including California and midwest ans east coast. Let me know if I can help you.. I took my GT/CS to Florida to be restored and live in Puerto Rico...the advantage of living in the continental USA is that it can be transported with a specialized auto transportation Co.There is a member in this forum that can help you locally since I believe he is from Arizona,his name is Russ...and he has a beautiful Highland Green GT/CS that has been featured in Mustang Monthly... Hope this helps!!!
classicsguy is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions