CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 06/14/2003, 02:43 PM   #1
darb

Send a message via AIM to darb Send a message via MSN to darb Send a message via Yahoo to darb
Rims & Clock

Just thought I'd brag about a steal I picked up at the Pomona, CA swapmeet today -

Found a gorgeous set of 4 of the original rims, with beauty rims and GT hubs - the chrome looks brand new, the rims were sandblasted and re-painted. They were all original - snagged them for $275!

Also, grabbed myself an original WORKING instrument clock, with the entire instrument cluster in perfect condition for $35.

I'll post some pictures as soon as I get this stuff unpacked in the garage for those who would like to see.

-Brad
darb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/14/2003, 02:55 PM   #2
darb

Send a message via AIM to darb Send a message via MSN to darb Send a message via Yahoo to darb
Re:Rims & Clock

Here's one of the four rims, with all the pieces.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wheel.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	154  
Old 06/14/2003, 02:56 PM   #3
darb

Here's the clock, included was the knob as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	clock.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	155  
Old 06/14/2003, 09:11 PM   #4
erselt

You gots some NICE parts. I am looking for a clock too. I wish I could find one for only $35.00 ;)
erselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/14/2003, 09:16 PM   #5
rjw

What a buy! Are you going to have the clock reworked for quartz movement?
Richard
rjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/15/2003, 12:33 AM   #6
darb

Thanks, I'm kind of new at the swapmeet thing - so I was hoping you guys could confirm that I paid a good price! I thought 275 was decent for those wheels, I seen the clocks go for pretty high so I think I did good.

As far as reworking for quartz movement, I think I'm just going to keep it full stock. It electronically winds just fine, and with a tiny drop of clock oil it'll move a little bit looser than how it is now!

It's hope for the rest of us! I just looked at every booth at the swapmeet, until I found it covered in dust in an instrument panel!

Make sure to check EVERYTHING, and I'm more than positive you can pick a good clock up for 35 bucks as well. They ARE out there!

Goodluck to you all! Thanks for letting me know I did good.

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions