CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 08/30/2006, 03:37 PM   #1
Mustanglvr
My Car Details

Former GT/CS owner :(

Send a message via Yahoo to Mustanglvr
My Garage
Angry My GT/CS was in a Hit and Run!!!!!

I had my car sitting at the gas pumps at a local gas station the other day. My husband and I were in the store and we heard a loud crack outside and only briefly thought about what it could be. Brushing it off that it was some vehicle out on the highway making a weird noise. We left and went about our day and later come to find that someone had hit the front bumper on my GT/CS!!!!!!!!!! It was bent down badly and the skirt underneath was pushed in. It was hit very low so there was no damage to the grill, fog lights or hood, thank goodness. There was a trace of maroon and white paint right square in the middle of the bumper on the point. Um, but theres no point there anymore, .
Nobody saw or heard a thing and the videotape had already been taped over by the time I contacted the store. The damage is minimal and probably not enough to even make an insurance claim, (less then $500.00?)but I`d sure like to get my hands on the creep that did it!!!!!!!!
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks everybody for letting me vent. I feel better now.

RHONDA
GT/CS FOREVER!
Mustanglvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/30/2006, 03:54 PM   #2
Midnight Special
My Car Details

...Very very sorry Rhonda :-( Only glad the damage wasn't alot worse, tho I know that doesn't make you feel any better.... A simple door ding would likely set me off. Very sorry for you :-(

P.S. Depending on how big your town is - you may watch the body shops for awhile... My neighbor had a drunk driver take out a large portion of their fence (hit & run) leaving paint chips et-al... We found the suspect car at a body shop a few days later & got a confession.

Tim
Midnight Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/30/2006, 03:56 PM   #3
rvrtrash

So many cars, so little time!

My Garage
That really stinks! To bad you can't find the jerk and bend the point of his nose down into where his teeth used to be.

Steve

The wannabe formerly known as an owner.
rvrtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/30/2006, 05:11 PM   #4
admin
Administrator
My Car Details

Just your friendly neighborhood webmaster...

My Garage
Talk about a bad day. Sorry for your loss.

admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/30/2006, 05:21 PM   #5
390cs68rcode
My Car Details

Have you driven your CS or Cobra Jet today?

eBay: jbsteven1

My Garage
bummer

look on the bright side, it could have been worse.

2005 Ford GT (2000hp)226.2 mph in the standing mile, 2008 Superleggera UGR X Version (2000+hp),2014 S63, 89 IROC 30k miles, 150 shot NOS
390cs68rcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/30/2006, 10:40 PM   #6
Mustanglvr
My Car Details

Former GT/CS owner :(

Send a message via Yahoo to Mustanglvr
My Garage
Thanks guys, I knew I could count on you all to make me feel better.

I definitely would like to do that to the person that did it Steve.

Thank you Jason, I am very grateful that it was`nt any worse. Somebody certainly was looking out for my car that day.

I`m going to check on the body shops around town. That is a very good idea Tim!
Its been a rough couple of weeks in my life lately and I really did`nt need this too, but I can get through this. You guys are great!

RHONDA
GT/CS FOREVER!
Mustanglvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/31/2006, 05:32 AM   #7
sam

Rhonda, just read about the unfortunate mis-hap on your CalSpec. Really sorry, and sure glad it didn't happen to me. Hope you can get it repaired to your original condition. Hav e a nice day.

it\'s great to own a 68\' ......live free or die
Sam
sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/31/2006, 07:35 AM   #8
Mustanger

Unhappy

Rhonda, I'm bummed to hear about your little mishap ... it's sad that the person who did this didn't leave you a note to contact him - that would've been the right thing to do ... oh well, at least no one got hurt, and it sounds like the damage wasn't too major ...

"Always do right. This will gratify some people, and astonish the rest." - Mark Twain
Mustanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/31/2006, 09:02 AM   #9
Diesel Donna
My Car Details

Take that pony for a ride!

Wow, talk about ruining your day. Sorry to hear about that Rhonda. I feel your pain.

My GT/CS was my first car, still have it 43 years later. Paid $800. Featured in the May 1998 issue of Mustang Illustrated.
70 Cadillac S&S Ambulance, 70 Toyota Land Cruiser
Diesel Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/31/2006, 11:19 AM   #10
TheBlkPearl

Send a message via MSN to TheBlkPearl
Angry We are surrounded by inconsiderate jerks

Get the rope boys - we've got a lynchin to do!!!!

Right now I am as old as I have ever been.
TheBlkPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/31/2006, 01:28 PM   #11
19HCS68

FORD, the heartbreak of today's Chevrolet.

What a bummer!!! When my '70 Challenger was hit and run I was furious. Cratered my right rear quarter panel. If I could have found out who did it, I would have sent some friends go visit him/her with a blow torch and vise grips.
19HCS68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/31/2006, 02:43 PM   #12
joedls
My Car Details

eBay: 65-4-me

I'm really sorry for what happened to you, Rhonda. I had someone torch a 72 Chevelle I owned when I was 19. I was livid. Every spare moment was used hunting the guy down for a couple of months. Luckily for both of us, I never found him.

Joe

HP numbers are good and all, but they're like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make, if I can still kick your ass.
joedls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/31/2006, 03:55 PM   #13
mmarsalone

Rhonda,

Sorry about your hit and run. Like the others have said, it really could have been worse. I think the front is the best place and if they didn't get your grille, the other parts are regular Mustang parts. My fear is to get hit in the rear, and damage my original fiberglas. Then the sides would be bad if they caught your scoops. When I'm stopped at a light and no one is behind me yet, I'm checking my mirrors to see that the next guy behind me is stopping. I also do this on the motorcycle, don't want to get rear ended. I leave the bike in gear until I have a stopped car behind me. That way, if I need to take off to prevent being rear ended, I'm ready to go.

Previously Monkey Golf

MIKE
mmarsalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/31/2006, 04:25 PM   #14
Midnight Special
My Car Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarsalone
Rhonda,

Sorry about your hit and run. Like the others have said, it really could have been worse. I think the front is the best place and if they didn't get your grille, the other parts are regular Mustang parts. My fear is to get hit in the rear, and damage my original fiberglas. Then the sides would be bad if they caught your scoops. When I'm stopped at a light and no one is behind me yet, I'm checking my mirrors to see that the next guy behind me is stopping. I also do this on the motorcycle, don't want to get rear ended. I leave the bike in gear until I have a stopped car behind me. That way, if I need to take off to prevent being rear ended, I'm ready to go.

Indeed, that's probably why there aren't many Shelbys on the road anymore. As much as we enjoy driving, ...and as GT/CScarsity increases - I don't look forward to that day when paranoia out-weighs pleasure! Let's keep up support of our unfortunate towards rapid recovery...

Last edited by Midnight Special; 08/31/2006 at 04:41 PM..

Tim
Midnight Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/01/2006, 08:44 PM   #15
BroadwayBlue
My Car Details

Send a message via AIM to BroadwayBlue
Hey Rhonda,

Sorry to hear of your mishap. As everyone said it could've been worse. Hopefully the damage won't to bad (re: $$)

I had the same thought on the grill. I was think to myself if I'm in a situation that something is going to hit the front I'll try to turn so the fender takes the brunt of it . Like I'll have a choice.

Seriously though I know it must be tough to go through. It's tough when it's a new car I can't imagine when it's a classic.

Good Luck!

Rich

1968 Acapulco Blue GT/CS 289 * 1996 Red GT Convertible *
BroadwayBlue is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions