CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 09/21/2006, 01:29 PM   #1
PFSlim
My Car Details

eBay: calspec68

My Garage
GT/CS Registration

I spoke to a guy the other day that has a GT/CS (bought it used when he was 15 and is now 42). He had no idea there was a registry for the cars.

I have met several people in the midwest that look at my car and claim to have one but have no idea about the registry. I tell each one about it and ask them to get in touch with Paul for this years update.

How many more are there out there that we don't know about??

Paul

GT/CS sold to "PonyGal" for trip back home to California
1965 AC Cobra Replica - 390FE - Black on Black charcoal stripes - "The Black Pearl"
PFSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/22/2006, 04:51 AM   #2
Diesel Donna
My Car Details

Take that pony for a ride!

Paul,
I have found many owners like that too. I always carried some extra copies of Paul Newitt's registration forms with me and gave it to them and encouraged them to register it.

~~~~Donna

My GT/CS was my first car, still have it 43 years later. Paid $800. Featured in the May 1998 issue of Mustang Illustrated.
70 Cadillac S&S Ambulance, 70 Toyota Land Cruiser
Diesel Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/22/2006, 07:09 AM   #3
PFSlim
My Car Details

My Garage
Okay. Now I feel stupid. Where are the copies of the Paul Newitt's registration forms? I can start handing them out as well.

Paul

1965 AC Cobra Replica - 390FE - Black on Black charcoal stripes - "The Black Pearl"
Old 09/22/2006, 02:36 PM   #4
nfrntau
My Car Details

My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Donna
Paul,
I have found many owners like that too. I always carried some extra copies of Paul Newitt's registration forms with me and gave it to them and encouraged them to register it.

~~~~Donna
What a great idea Donna. You go girl!!

You may make it without friends; but with them, you can do anything.
nfrntau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/22/2006, 10:27 PM   #5
PNewitt

I need to edit the old "GT/CS Registry" forms, and I'll post them here as either a /.pdf file, or as two Jpeg photos that anyone can download and print and make copies.

I'll get on it right away. Maybe there really is about 1/3rd unaccounted for.

Paul N.

p.s. I often thought that making some business cards for the registry and the website would be a good idea, too.
Old 09/23/2006, 08:42 PM   #6
Diesel Donna
My Car Details

Take that pony for a ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFSlim
Okay. Now I feel stupid. Where are the copies of the Paul Newitt's registration forms? I can start handing them out as well.

Paul

LOL Paul! Don't feel stupid...these forms I had are from over 20 years ago!! They have his old address on them still but I put the new one on. I made a bunch of copies and keep them in my trunk. I wonder if anyone really took me up on it and registered their car after I asked them to. If you want me to, I'll make some copies and send them to you. PM me with your address.

Paul N. ~~~Get WITH it!! LOL!

My GT/CS was my first car, still have it 43 years later. Paid $800. Featured in the May 1998 issue of Mustang Illustrated.
70 Cadillac S&S Ambulance, 70 Toyota Land Cruiser
Diesel Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/24/2006, 11:23 AM   #7
PNewitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFSlim

Paul
Hi Paul,

No, no, don't say that. Don't feel stupid. It's not like every Wal Mart has people standing out front passing out GT/CS Registry forms... (LOL) (Hmmm..."idea"!)

I'll get to it this week, and you can copy the images that you can download on this thread.

I should have thought of this before now.

Paul N.
Old 09/25/2006, 08:55 AM   #8
PFSlim
My Car Details

My Garage
Look forward to having the forms. I have a couple of GT/CS's here in my little town that will need them.

Thanks. Now I don't feel stupid anymore!!!! (well...at least until something new comes up)

Paul

Old 09/28/2006, 02:34 PM   #9
PNewitt

Interim Registry Form

I "threw" this together, so folks have something to print off their computer, and copy--to place on GT/CS cars, or hand out at shows, etc. It's not quite a half page, so you can resize it for your use at the copy shop--any way you wish.

I think once folks find out about the address, and website, they will be "hooked" LOL...

A BIG thanks to everyone who is passing the word on the Registry, and the website. BTW--Jon sends me cars listed in his online registry.

Paul N.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	csform.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	2744  

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions