• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

mustang restoration guide by TC and Ed

69convert

A picture of the front of a gtcs appears in "Mustang 19641/2-1973 Restoration Guide" by T. Corcoran and E. Davis. It's on page 39. The grill does not have the fog-light brackets. Which is why I didn't know all gtcs grills had the bracket until I found this site. It also shows the front bumper guards. Thought it might be of interest. If someone on this site knows the authors they might suggest corrections for an updated version. For all you knowledge types , in which group I don't include myself, this might be a good way to document the SJ variations other than Paul's upcoming book (save me one!!).

On page 79 there is shown the body components and attaching hardware for the gtcs. Which one nut is the barrel nut (which from a previous post) should be used to attach the scripts? Or are they not shown?

J_Speegle

"A picture of the front of a gtcs appears in "Mustang 19641/2-1973 Restoration Guide" by T. Corcoran and E. Davis. It's on page 39. The grill does not have the fog-light brackets. Which is why I didn't know all gtcs grills had the bracket until I found this site. It also shows the front bumper guards. Thought it might be of interest. If someone on this site knows the authors they might suggest corrections for an updated version. For all you knowledge types , in which group I don't include myself, this might be a good way to document the SJ variations other than Paul's upcoming book (save me one!!)."

The vast majority of the book is simply reprinted from the last version (likely 1975) of the Illustrated Parts Catalog. It is full of mistakes and generic pictures. Best as a start IMHO of looking for details but not the final word on anything. Please understand that it includes the superceeded part numbers, parts and details for part counters personnel to use

BroadwayBlue

I have that book also, it's the 1998 printing.

From that picture on page 39 you can't really tell if the brackets are there or not from that angle. They appear like that are actually there behind the Lucas fog lamps. You can't really see the original bracket unless you get real close to the car and they're easier to see from the top or inside view of the grill.