CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 06/23/2006, 05:06 PM   #1
GT_CS

Fas's Sunlit Gold GT/CS

My Upcoming Trip To Los Angeles!!!

Hello Guys/Gals!

i am quite pleased to announce my holiday plans from London (England) to L.A. (LAX) and then further to Laguna Hills California Area, on Monday 26th June 2006 for the first time for 2 whole weeks!!!! and i can assure you i will definately be sniffing around for some Mustangs!!!! Just was wondering whether any of you fellow enthusiasts live around any of these areas.....and perhaps you can point me in the right direction...........for mustang clubs etc!!!!

Thanks!
GT_CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/23/2006, 05:51 PM   #2
Midnight Special
My Car Details

... I will be flying to LA on Tuesday. I can PM you my cell# if you want & maybe do lunch! I'll be staying near LAX...

Tim
Midnight Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/23/2006, 07:45 PM   #3
joedls
My Car Details

eBay: 65-4-me

I live about 15 minutes from Laguna Beach. I can tell you about some of the local cruises.

Joe

HP numbers are good and all, but they're like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make, if I can still kick your ass.
joedls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/24/2006, 07:07 AM   #4
still looking for one

If you have a little time the Peterson Auto Museum on Wilshire Blvd on the Miracle Mile not far from downtown LA could really be worth it to check out. Huge and comprehensive, on a scale with the Imperial War Museum in London.

It has constantly evolving "themes" and last time I was there it featured Deusenbergs, it had the biggest collection of them in the world at the time gathered there.

Rent yourself a Mustang at the airport!!

Jim

current - 1967 Mercury Cougar, 44k
1991 Mercedes Benz 560SEC AMG, 198k
1995 Mercedes Benz E420, 160k
2013 BMW 535i, M-Sport, 9k
still looking for one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/24/2006, 04:14 PM   #5
GT_CS

Fas's Sunlit Gold GT/CS

wow! thanks for the great response people, i'm willing to meet up midnight special PM your cell number - and it would be great to hear about the local cruises! Thanks for the advice jim, i'd sure like to know ehere this place is!
GT_CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/24/2006, 06:21 PM   #6
joedls
My Car Details

eBay: 65-4-me

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT_CS
it would be great to hear about the local cruises!
This link is a great source of info for cruises and events in the area. There are usually some nice Mustangs at Fuddruckers in Lake Forest on Tuesdays.

http://socalcarcilture.com

Joe

HP numbers are good and all, but they're like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make, if I can still kick your ass.
joedls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/25/2006, 07:46 PM   #7
PNewitt

As a side note....er..suggestion..since you mentioned "LAX".

You might consider lunch or dinner here:

http://www.encounterlax.com/

The Encounter is that iconic arched modern building at LAX. Redone a few years ago by Disney Imagineering. A totally awesome place! I had dinner there once. It's pricey--but you'll never forget it.

The Bob's Big Boy in Burbank is a great place, too. Frequented by stars, too.

Both places are 60's modern to the hilt!

Paul.
Old 06/25/2006, 08:15 PM   #8
GTCSMustang

I've eaten at the Encounter many times. Super cool. Get a seat by the window ofcourse. Yep, it's pricey like Paul said, but everytime you see it on TV you can say, "Hey, I ate there". Most people think it's the control tower, but it's not.

Scott

68.5 Blck Mustang CJ Cnvrt, 68 Lme Gld GT/CS, 68 Rd HCS (fact 428), 68 Ac Bl Mustang GT Cnvrt, 68 Ylw GT500KR Cnvrt, 68 Hlnd Grn GT500KR Cnvrt, 68 Gld G.T. 500 Cnvrt, 68 Ryl Maroon Mustang Sprint Cpe, 68.5 Hlnd Grn Fstbck, 68.5 Ylw Mustang Fstbck. Visit my website www.scottfullerreproductions.com .
GTCSMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/26/2006, 08:48 AM   #9
Mustanger

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedls
This link is a great source of info for cruises and events in the area. There are usually some nice Mustangs at Fuddruckers in Lake Forest on Tuesdays.

http://socalcarcilture.com
This is a cool link (I use it too) but check to see if the particular cruise is still being held ... the cruise info is sometimes a little dated (don't want anyone to show up to an empty parking lot...) ...

"Always do right. This will gratify some people, and astonish the rest." - Mark Twain
Mustanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/26/2006, 12:49 PM   #10
tworings
My Car Details

My Garage
Link

I think the link's address was misspelled (had an "i" instead of a "u"). Try this:
http://socalcarculture.com/
tworings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/26/2006, 03:32 PM   #11
marie68csmustangs

I'm really don't know too much about the LA area - thought I live in CA but it's 400 miles away.

Marie

Friend Owns Four Specials 1 GT/CS clone and 2 '69 Mach 1s. & '70 Mach 1
marie68csmustangs is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions