CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 05/31/2006, 01:28 PM   #1
PFSlim
My Car Details

eBay: calspec68

My Garage
Installing Stripes With Guide Tape

We used the measurements from Paul N's book to place the stripes down the car. Then, we used a chalk line to "snap" a straight line down lenght of car. Next, we ran a piece of tape down the chalk line and then wiped off any access chalk. The tape then became our guide to run stripes.

Helpful Hint: You do not dip the stripe in a water bucket or soapy water. Soapy water is applied to the surface of the car, remove the backing from the stripe and place stripe on the car.

Helpful Hint: Use a good bondo spreader to assist in getting bubbles out from under stripe. If stripes are applied carefully, not many bubbles will show up.

Helpful Hint: Remove outer stripe backing after the stripe has been applied and wait for a few seconds. Not to long, but not to fast either. The small top and bottom stripes will want to come off car if to much soapy water is applied. Watch for small top and bottom stripes wanting to waver (up and down). This will tell you if you are pulling the backing off to soon.

Helpful Hint: I think it is very important to place stripes on a car in an area where you can get back away from the car and ensure the stripe is straight and pleasing to the eye.

Paul
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Stang473.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	1944   Click image for larger version

Name:	Stang471.JPG
Views:	81
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	1945  

GT/CS sold to "PonyGal" for trip back home to California
1965 AC Cobra Replica - 390FE - Black on Black charcoal stripes - "The Black Pearl"

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > Restoration Reference Archives > Paint & Stripes