CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 05/01/2006, 08:56 PM   #1
Redwingrobb

NOS Headrest Installation and Dying

Hey, just picked up a pair of headrests off of Ebay tonight. They're black, but I thought they could be dyed red. First what would be the best way to dye them (foam brush, rag, etc?) I also wanted to know if anyone out there installed a set and if they are easy to install w/out having to take it to a car upholstery shop. Just worried about tearing up the back panels and trying to get them back on. Robb

Wimbledon White GT/CS and 1968 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible
Redwingrobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/02/2006, 06:25 AM   #2
Mosesatm

To dye them clean them with a vinyl dye cleaner or wax & grease remover and just spray them with the dye. Red over black will probably take 3 coats. Can't help with the back removal since I usually tear them up where the clips attach. Might want to just buy new backs if that's possible.
Mosesatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/02/2006, 09:34 AM   #3
joedls
My Car Details

eBay: 65-4-me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosesatm
Can't help with the back removal since I usually tear them up where the clips attach. Might want to just buy new backs if that's possible.
I bought new backs for my 65 when I tore one up. But I had to buy 2. Couldn't just buy one.

Joe

HP numbers are good and all, but they're like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make, if I can still kick your ass.
joedls is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions