CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 03/05/2006, 04:49 PM   #1
Redwingrobb

CS Prices--Calm after the Storm? >>BJ

Hey, I'm still the newbie here, but it appears the CS feeding frenzy that occurred shortly after Barrett-Jackson looks to have calmed down. Over the past two or so weeks, the buying and the bidding looks to have come back down to earth. Starting to wonder a bit if I jumped in too soon after Barrett-Jackson. Don't get me wrong, you'd have to pry the CS steering wheel from my cold dead hands, but I'm wondering outloud if I didn't pay just a wee bit of a premium to get my dream ride.

PS. Not trying to start anything with you Northeners, but it was 85 today in West Texas and the Pony was out of the corral just eating up the road! This car is like a drug! Robb

Wimbledon White GT/CS and 1968 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible
Redwingrobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/05/2006, 05:10 PM   #2
Andrew

85 sounds nice, and I spent the day breaking up ice on the lake for fun in 30 degrees, maybe 60 by next weekend. I should be driving in shorts and a t-shirt then. Texas does look like a real nice place to live.
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/05/2006, 06:28 PM   #3
Redwingrobb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew
85 sounds nice, and I spent the day breaking up ice on the lake for fun in 30 degrees, maybe 60 by next weekend. I should be driving in shorts and a t-shirt then. Texas does look like a real nice place to live.
Yeah, a decent place to live, especially the driveable weather. I'm originally from Michigan, so I do miss the winter sports. Having the ability to drive my "new" CS everyday is great...robb

Old 03/05/2006, 07:48 PM   #4
Andrew

It seems Michigan always beats B.U. or B.C in NCAA hockey. I really like the color combo of your car. I have never seen the parchment top on a CS. As far as the prices go, it's kinda like real estate, they are not making anymore so it won't get any cheaper. About 10 years ago, I turned down a generous 6k offer, boy I would have been kicking myself now if I had taken it.
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/05/2006, 09:11 PM   #5
Midnight Special
My Car Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwingrobb
Hey, I'm still the newbie here, but it appears the CS feeding frenzy that occurred shortly after Barrett-Jackson looks to have calmed down. Over the past two or so weeks, the buying and the bidding looks to have come back down to earth. Starting to wonder a bit if I jumped in too soon after Barrett-Jackson. Don't get me wrong, you'd have to pry the CS steering wheel from my cold dead hands, but I'm wondering outloud if I didn't pay just a wee bit of a premium to get my dream ride.

PS. Not trying to start anything with you Northeners, but it was 85 today in West Texas and the Pony was out of the corral just eating up the road! This car is like a drug! Robb
....I wouldn't worry 'bout it Rob, the rest of your post said it all. You paid what you did & are now enjoying 'the car of your dreams'! Besides - it's winter for the rest of us & we don't have the '85' to get excited about. Come Spring. the prices will go back up and with it, the leverage to 'pry the steering wheel from your cold dead hands'. You'll see... Your addiction now only rests with your ability to keep the tank above half; can't say that about any other drug...

Tim
Midnight Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/06/2006, 06:10 AM   #6
Redwingrobb

Like I said Tim, I'm not regretting the deal. I just thought that the wheeling and dealing would sustain itself a bit longer. Actually, the lull in prices is nice. IF I sell the Barracuda, I might look for a second CS/HCS. Nobody's getting my Special! Robb

Old 03/06/2006, 11:59 AM   #7
Midnight Special
My Car Details

Quote:
Like I said Tim, I'm not regretting the deal. I just thought that the wheeling and dealing would sustain itself a bit longer. Actually, the lull in prices is nice. IF I sell the Barracuda, I might look for a second CS/HCS. Nobody's getting my Special! Robb
...Yeah, I was merely co-miserating w/ envy of your fantastic driving weather ;-) I too probably paid a little on the high end recently, but boy do I love the cars! It's been raining and snowing here & will continue for at least another week or two. All I can do is go out, remove the covers & look at them between squalls :-O

Tim
Midnight Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/06/2006, 02:50 PM   #8
68gt390
My Car Details

The car that became a diecast

You guys are killin me. I'm still fighting with the engine shop to get off their dead ass and get my block machined and ready to go. Oh well, it's 35 degrees out and snowing. Guess I've got a couple more weeks until I really start bugging them. At least my rebuild kit got here today. One good thing is they called today and said the crank and heads are done. That's a plus.

Don

68 GT/CS 390 "S" Code, 4 spd, 93 LX Hatchback Supercharged
68gt390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/06/2006, 04:22 PM   #9
390cs68rcode
My Car Details

Have you driven your CS or Cobra Jet today?

eBay: jbsteven1

My Garage
It is 84 in Cozumel today. ask me how I know.

2005 Ford GT (2000hp)226.2 mph in the standing mile, 2008 Superleggera UGR X Version (2000+hp),2014 S63, 89 IROC 30k miles, 150 shot NOS
390cs68rcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/06/2006, 08:01 PM   #10
hookedtrout

eBay: bebopin

Send a message via Yahoo to hookedtrout
My Garage
Well Don I guess I'm with you, 33 degrees and snowing here. I gave up on getting out the Mustang so I dug out the Jeep and I've been playing in the mud when it warms up and gets soft.

Cory

Cory
hookedtrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/06/2006, 08:54 PM   #11
Redwingrobb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 390cs68rcode
It is 84 in Cozumel today. ask me how I know.
You driving your Stang in the Yucatan?

Old 03/06/2006, 08:56 PM   #12
Redwingrobb

Eighty all this week. White horse is out everyday. Come on down Don, the weather's fine...Robb

Old 03/07/2006, 07:15 AM   #13
Mosesatm

Quote:
You driving your Stang in the Yucatan?
Hopefully Kauai will be just as nice next week
Mosesatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/07/2006, 08:28 AM   #14
68gt390
My Car Details

The car that became a diecast

Quote:
Eighty all this week. White horse is out everyday. Come on down Don, the weather's fine...Robb
Go ahead, rub it in. It's suppose to reach the 60's this weekend but, with rain. Sounds like some possible wrench time Saturday and Sunday. If that happens, the girlfriend becomes a garage widow again.

Don

68 GT/CS 390 "S" Code, 4 spd, 93 LX Hatchback Supercharged
68gt390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/07/2006, 01:43 PM   #15
BroadwayBlue
My Car Details

Send a message via AIM to BroadwayBlue
Talking 60's in NY too this weekend - Yahoo!!

Need to work on cleaning up the garage ... guess that means I need to pull the CS out for some air ...

Rich

1968 Acapulco Blue GT/CS 289 * 1996 Red GT Convertible *
BroadwayBlue is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions