CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 08/23/2009, 02:14 PM   #1
nfrntau
My Car Details

My Garage
Marchal Comparison

Hey All,
I was switching my 656's for a pair of 658's and got curious what the difference was. So I left one of each side of the car waited until dark. Wow, what a difference. The 658 is on the drivers side.
On the head on shot, look how clear the outline of the 658 light is. On the garage door, well that one is pretty much self explained.
The 656 has the original bulb, not sure what the watts are. The 658 has 55W blue xenon bulbs.
For those of you who may not know. The 656 is the stock lamp (for those with Marchals) and the 658 was the driving lamp available from Marchall at the same time yet never used by Ford on our GT/CS's. I also have a set of the amber lights but haven't played with those yet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	a.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	9521   Click image for larger version

Name:	b.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	9522   Click image for larger version

Name:	c.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	9523  

Click image for larger version

Name:	d.JPG
Views:	18
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	9524  

You may make it without friends; but with them, you can do anything.
nfrntau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/23/2009, 06:52 PM   #2
Scott

fascinating, thanks!
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/23/2009, 07:12 PM   #3
PonyGal
My Car Details

Life is Simple...eat, sleep, drive a Mustang!

Wow! What a difference!! Thanks for posting that. You learn something new every day, especially around here!

Renee' - Eat, sleep, drive a Mustang!!!
I am the proud new owner of the 'Stevenson GT/CS'
PonyGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/24/2009, 10:03 AM   #4
robert campbell
My Car Details

My Garage
Not to high jack a thread, but I need one Marchal lens. One of mine has been cracked for years. Anyone got a good lead or want to sell one?

Rob
robert campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/25/2009, 06:45 PM   #5
68gt390
My Car Details

The car that became a diecast

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfrntau View Post
Hey All,
I was switching my 656's for a pair of 658's and got curious what the difference was. So I left one of each side of the car waited until dark. Wow, what a difference. The 658 is on the drivers side.
On the head on shot, look how clear the outline of the 658 light is. On the garage door, well that one is pretty much self explained.
The 656 has the original bulb, not sure what the watts are. The 658 has 55W blue xenon bulbs.
For those of you who may not know. The 656 is the stock lamp (for those with Marchals) and the 658 was the driving lamp available from Marchall at the same time yet never used by Ford on our GT/CS's. I also have a set of the amber lights but haven't played with those yet.
Haven't posted for awhile but, saw this one and had to reply. I to run the 658 lights on my car and have since I swaped them out back in 2004 when I first obtained the car. It is like night and day between the 656 and the 658. I also like the looks of them much better (sharper and much cleaner looking).

Don

68 GT/CS 390 "S" Code, 4 spd, 93 LX Hatchback Supercharged
68gt390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/25/2009, 06:47 PM   #6
68gt390
My Car Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert campbell View Post
Not to high jack a thread, but I need one Marchal lens. One of mine has been cracked for years. Anyone got a good lead or want to sell one?

Rob
Rob;
I'll check my stash under the bed and see what I have. Haven't even had the box's out for sometime but, maybe it's time I take a look see to see what I have. Will let you know.

Don

Old 08/25/2009, 09:04 PM   #7
robert campbell
My Car Details

My Garage
Don, Would love to buy one!! Or two! Or two complete assemblies!

Rob
Old 08/26/2009, 05:29 AM   #8
Ruppstang

My Garage
The lenses are cracked on the Lucas fog lights on my HCS. Does anyone know where I can find sone replacements? Marty
Ruppstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/26/2009, 12:41 PM   #9
CALIF GIRL
My Car Details

Quote:

Rob
I have the same problem..Would love to get a new lens or light
CALIF GIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/26/2009, 07:12 PM   #10
Mosesatm

I don't have any fog lenses left but if anyone wants some driving light lenses I can hook you up real cheap.

The best way I've found to acquire fog lenses at a reasonable price is to watch eBay for a grungy set of black-backed lights. Pick them up for $25 or so, keep the lenses and throw away the housings.
Mosesatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/30/2009, 07:36 AM   #11
68gt390
My Car Details

Quote:
Don, Would love to buy one!! Or two! Or two complete assemblies!

Rob
Rob;
Pulled out the box's and all I've got is the housings - no lenses. Don't know if you've ever checked the below site. Pete Geisler at Orlando Mustang deals a lot in both Marchals and Lucas lights. I bought a pair from him several years ago. Don't know if he still does it but, if you've got an old pair that needs reworked he takes them in on trade on a refurbished set. Email - orlmust@aol.com

www.orlandomustang.com

Sorry I couldn't help with the lenses.

Don

Old 09/01/2009, 06:36 PM   #12
dpheyes
My Car Details

eBay: dpheyes

I am in need of two of the Marchal housing "trim rings". The part that holds the lenses in. I have the original lights, but some idiot mangled the trim rings in order to make a set of aftermarket lights fit in the housings. If anyone has them, please let me know.

Thanks,
Doug in AK
dpheyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/01/2009, 07:23 PM   #13
hookedtrout

eBay: bebopin

Send a message via Yahoo to hookedtrout
My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpheyes View Post
I am in need of two of the Marchal housing "trim rings". The part that holds the lenses in. I have the original lights, but some idiot mangled the trim rings in order to make a set of aftermarket lights fit in the housings. If anyone has them, please let me know.

Thanks,
Doug in AK
Once you get them fixed we need to hunt down the mangler and explain a few things to him. ;-)

Cory

Cory
hookedtrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/02/2009, 07:05 PM   #14
robert campbell
My Car Details

My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68gt390 View Post
Rob;
Pulled out the box's and all I've got is the housings - no lenses. Don't know if you've ever checked the below site. Pete Geisler at Orlando Mustang deals a lot in both Marchals and Lucas lights. I bought a pair from him several years ago. Don't know if he still does it but, if you've got an old pair that needs reworked he takes them in on trade on a refurbished set. Email - orlmust@aol.com

www.orlandomustang.com

Sorry I couldn't help with the lenses.

Don
Don,
My one lens has a hole in it.. Hard to refurbish a hole?? My housings are in need of new chrome. Want to sell yours?

Rob
Old 09/03/2009, 09:43 AM   #15
Mustanger

Cool

Quote:
Don,
My one lens has a hole in it.. Hard to refurbish a hole?? My housings are in need of new chrome. Want to sell yours?

Rob
Rob,

Replacing the glass would be ideal, but if you're interested in repairing a hole in the glass, then how about using some of that filler-stuff that the windshield repair guys use??? ... It might be worth a try ...

"Always do right. This will gratify some people, and astonish the rest." - Mark Twain
Mustanger is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions