CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 12/02/2005, 03:41 PM   #1
miller511
My Car Details

My Garage
Searching for a particular lime gold GT/CS

Hi all,

I'm curious if anyone on this site has my Dad's old California Special. I'm not interested in buying it. Just wondering if it's still around.

I talked with my Dad recently about his car. I had him dig up some old pictures of it. Unfortunately only one picture was clear enough to scan in. (take a look in the "old" gallery page two, third one from the top).

He did say that he traded it in "somewhere mid-seventies" to a car dealer in Downey, CA. I think it was 1974 or 1975. I remember going with him to pick up the car he traded it for.

Not much info on it other than what the picture shows as the black and gold CA license plate that starts with XCJ ???, the lime gold color, the hub caps, the black stripes, and the missing "California" half of the script on the left rear. He said it had the 289-2V. I remember that it had Deluxe interior, overhead console, AM radio, the seats were light green with darker green insets.

I think it would be cool if I could tell him that it's still around.

Thanks, Jeff
miller511 is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions