CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Go Back   CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > Classified Ads

View Poll Results: If I offered a great-looking Lucas fog light pedestal set built to the correct specs for around $50,
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01/20/2003, 08:17 AM   #1
StraightSix

Lucas Fog Light Pedestal Set

If you have any responses other than those I typed, just reply to the message. And don't be embarrased to say that you don't have the cash. Nobody will know it's you who clicked, and they wouldn't mind anyway. Heck, that's the category I would fall in right about now...

Thanks!

-Winston
StraightSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/20/2003, 09:27 AM   #2
68sunlitgold
My Car Details

GT/CS nut

Re:Lucas Fog Light Pedestal Set

Winston,
if I needed a pair for that price I would say yes! Unfortunately I converted my car back to Marchal lights and still have the orginal post which I intend to save for my second car (someday) ;)
But I think it is great of you to offer your service, even if no one replys, it maybe a good idea to make more than one set and have them "set aside" for yourself or others to purchase in the future. ;D
Doug
68sunlitgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/20/2003, 09:38 AM   #3
StraightSix

Thanks for the moral support, Doug :). I was planning on getting enough materials for a couple of sets, but I thought that if there were a lot of other people interested I could just do a bunch while I was at it.

I would also like to own another GT/CS someday, preferably a V8. I would love to find one stripped down, so that I could make it a restomod and not feel guilty. Sal's car (currently on eBay) would be perfect, but funding is a little short right now ;)

-Winston
Old 01/20/2003, 11:33 AM   #4
68sunlitgold
My Car Details

GT/CS nut

Winston,
I would also like to buy it, but with 3 cars already and me spending money to fix up the convertible, the wife would not be happy with a 4th purchase, plus we are fixing up her 67 firebird 326HO. Can you say deficit spending? :P
Doug
68sunlitgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/20/2003, 06:21 PM   #5

I would be interested in a set of Lucas pedestal stands. One of my GT/CS's has the lights but the wrong (square) mounts. If you make up some sets, count me in. Let me know where to send the $. Russ Furstnow
Old 01/20/2003, 07:00 PM   #6
StraightSix

Great, Russ! Since you have a GT/CS, why don't you register as a member on this site... glad to have you on board!

-Winston
Old 01/21/2003, 06:02 AM   #7

Winston,
I just learned of the site a few weeks ago, but I did send in photos of my two GT/CS Mustangs, and they are in the gallery. The site is excellent and I may be registering soon. Please consider me for the pedestals. Thnkns, Russ
Old 01/21/2003, 07:45 AM   #8
StraightSix

[quote author=Russ Furstnow link=board=3;threadid=185;start=0#793 date=1043154142]
I did send in photos of my two GT/CS Mustangs, [/quote]

Wow, two?! Welcome, I'm glad you found us. The great thing is that registration is free! Then you can get a great little picture beside your name when you post, and you can rack up your post count with idle conversation like I'm doing... I gotta catch Doug (68sunlitgold) somehow :D

As far as the pedestals are concerned, you're not only considered you're the first on the list (after me). Be sure to keep the original square bases, since Shelby owners can use them. And you know that anything Shelby will fetch some money...

-Winston
Old 01/21/2003, 07:48 AM   #9
rjw

Winston,
I am not sure anyone can catch Doug!
rjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/21/2003, 05:32 PM   #10
Talan423
My Car Details

Send a message via AIM to Talan423
My Garage

i sold a set of the lucas square base pedestals on ebay a while ago, they went for about $30. they came with my lucas lamps and i obviously didn't need them for my gt cs when i bought the correct pedestals from tony branda.
Talan423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/21/2003, 07:19 PM   #11
StraightSix

Nice! That should take the edge off of a GT/CS pedestal purchase. I'm assuming that yours were in great shape with no pitting...

-Winston
Old 01/22/2003, 02:45 AM   #12

[quote author=68sunlitgold link=board=3;threadid=185;start=0#785 date=1043080077]
Winston,
if I needed a pair for that price I would say yes! Unfortunately I converted my car back to Marchal lights and still have the orginal post which I intend to save for my second car (someday) ;)
But I think it is great of you to offer your service, even if no one replys, it maybe a good idea to make more than one set and have them "set aside" for yourself or others to purchase in the future. ;D
Doug
[/quote]
Old 01/24/2003, 07:34 PM   #13

grill and foglights were stollen. need the parts.
Old 01/25/2003, 06:18 AM   #14
bish

Prior Owner 68 HCS Current owner of #2103 68 GT350 & 84.5 Anniversary Vert

I don't need a set, but that seems like a good value if the quality is what you say it is.
I'd think that to make them yourself you would have that much into it when you consider the time you have to spend running to the store to buy the raw product as well as your production time.
bish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/25/2003, 03:50 PM   #15
StraightSix

Yeah, I don't expect to get rich on these things, just get a little money back for materials and time. That, and give something back to the GT/CS community. I'm going to have to buy a drill press (wanted one anyway), but other than that the material costs shouldn't be too bad. I plan on heading to the hardware store tomorrow -- I just wish it would warm up. The garage isn't heated, and high 30's to mid 40's is COLD for Houston!

So far, I have the following people on my list:
Russ Furstnow
Robert

I'll send an email to you when I have something to show, and of course I'll post pics here in the forum!

-Winston

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > Classified Ads