CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 03/11/2003, 12:25 PM   #1
usakiwi1

Hood Pins.

Hi....I'm new to the site :D. I bought an abused GT/CS on ebay last June in need of major restoration & missing quite a lot of trim pieces. I've managed to procure several items through valuable info gathered from this site & its members, ebay & swapmeets.

One of my predicaments is.... the hood has the chrome tab??? with hole in it for pinning the hood on each side. I know Mach 1 mustangs had their hoods pinned as did some others but someone told me that the GT/CS had a screw on type affair rather than the pin. Is anyone able to shed any light on this for me & if so....where I might find these items, please. Thanx.....Steve.
usakiwi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/11/2003, 04:14 PM   #2
Talan423
My Car Details

Send a message via AIM to Talan423
My Garage
Re:Hood Pins.

yes, the gt/cs did use a twist type hood pin. i got mine from tony branda cobranda.com , 1-800-458-3477. the complete set cost me about $75. includes the hood plates, retainers and springs. ask them to send you one of their catalogs, they have quite a few items for the gt/cs. they'll probably have some of your other missing parts as well. i just looked in my mustangs unlimited catalog and they want $100 for the pair of hood locks.

good luck!
tom
Talan423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/11/2003, 04:30 PM   #3
68sunlitgold
My Car Details

GT/CS nut

usakiwi1,
here is the link to the gallery pictures of the hood latches:
http://www.californiaspecial.com/photogallery/album01
this is what you are looking for
Doug
68sunlitgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/12/2003, 01:59 PM   #4
usakiwi1

:) Thanx for the info guys.....I new I could rely on you all! I'm glad I asked as I probably would have had pins welded on instead. The link to the photos was invaluable!
As for Tony Branda, I have used them a couple of items in the past but find them as a whole a bit more expensive than some of the other retailers. However, as you say they do stock most GT/CS parts.
Thanx again.......Steve.
usakiwi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/12/2003, 04:35 PM   #5
Talan423
My Car Details

Send a message via AIM to Talan423
My Garage

branda's web site is not really all that "user friendly" in my opinion. if i were you i would get one of their catalogs, it's much more helpful.
Talan423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/12/2003, 04:43 PM   #6
rjw

To say that Branda's website was not "user friendly" is an understatement! I finally gave up on the website and just called them for the information that I needed.
rjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/12/2003, 06:07 PM   #7
Sarge

My Garage

All,

Is it possible that we could get a listing on the site of what vendor has what rare "NOS" or reproduction parts? It seems like everyone knows someone, and I think this would be a perfect place to post those for us who are less knowledgedable. ???
Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/13/2003, 07:48 AM   #8
StraightSix

Good idea... it could be added to the "PARTS LIST" page, since that page pretty much does everything but list where to get the stuff.

-Winston
StraightSix is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > Classified Ads