CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 02/26/2003, 02:34 PM   #1

New GT/CS Registry Decals Question

I'm about to make some new registry (club) decals for owners, and I was wondering if any of you had a preference for the wording on them. These will probably be gold, and either round or oval, with the GT/CS logo, and script, suitable for the windshield, or quarter window (back seat). Probably 3" diameter.

So far, I'd like to say something about "35th Anniversary" (1968-2003), and of course, I'll be using "California Made it Happen", and the production number.

Are there any phrases, or words you'd like to see on these that would be appropiate for owners?

Thanks, Paul M. Newitt
Registrar, GT/CS Registry
PMNewitt@CaliforniaSpecial.com
Old 02/26/2003, 04:23 PM   #2
StraightSix

Re:New GT/CS Registry Decals Question

Hi Paul!

I honestly can't think of anything else that should go on the decal. Well, nothing feasible at least :) Color coordination (with the side stripe) would be nice, but is impractical.

Thanks for "making this happen!" ;D

-Winston
StraightSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/26/2003, 04:36 PM   #3
Talan423
My Car Details

Send a message via AIM to Talan423
My Garage

paul-
sounds like your wording pretty much sums everything up pretty well. i can't think of anything more that would need to be said .

thanks again!
tom
Talan423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/26/2003, 05:06 PM   #4
68sunlitgold
My Car Details

GT/CS nut

Paul,
I definately like the "35th Aniversary" part. As far as the shape, I still like the circle type over the oval.

Doug
68sunlitgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/26/2003, 05:37 PM   #5
rjw

Paul,
Can you tie it in to the regular Mustang "35th Anniversary" emblem in the '99 model? You know it had a silver circle around the Mustang emblem with the words "35th Anniversary" embedded into the silver circle.
rjw
rjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/26/2003, 06:02 PM   #6
Talan423
My Car Details

Send a message via AIM to Talan423
My Garage

good idea rjw, i like that too.
Talan423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/26/2003, 08:22 PM   #7

I very much appreciate your responses and support! I'll look at the '99 emblem; but I would like to keep my version more original, and in keeping with a late '60's look and feel. Not to ruffle any feathers from the late model crowd, but I'd like to stay away from that Mustang generation's style.

The promotion of the GT/CS was by the San Francisco office of (advertising company) J. Walter Thompson, and the look was truly "Californian". Both registry books reflected that style, and the decal will continue that same style, too.

But--I do appreciate the input and ideas. I'll be sure to say "35th Anniversary". This should be a cool decal. And it will be round, too.

Paul.
Old 02/26/2003, 09:42 PM   #8
Jayscal
My Car Details

GT/CS owner for 23 years

Paul,

I can't wait to get one, it sounds like it is going to be one sharp accessory that every GT/CS owner will want on their car. I hope you will let us know when they are available.

By the way, is there any chance of a updated registry in the future? ;)

Jay
Jayscal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/27/2003, 07:13 PM   #9

Paul,

Do you plan on doing an update on the GT/CS Registry? I met you in El Cajon Ca. when you were doing the first registry. I still have my GT/CS and Since have picked up a HCS. Now living in Maine and don't see many GT/CS's. Any way just wondering about the Registry.

Steve

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions