• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Rare Color/Stripe combo

Mustanger

Recently a GTCS was sold by a guy in Portland (?) and it was Black with Red stripes, and a red (maybe dark red) interior. He claimed that was the original, and rare, combination :eek:

Are there any other Black/Red CS's out there? How about original black/red? Or are there any other color/stripe combos that are rare, or more rare ???

Mosesatm

I knew a guy back in the '70s who had a yellow GT/CS with white stripes, and it was probably original. I've never seen another.

OP
OP
Mustanger

Mustanger

[quote author=Mosesatm link=board=1;threadid=1889;start=0#msg12442 date=1121267171]
I knew a guy back in the '70s who had a yellow GT/CS with white stripes, and it was probably original. I've never seen another.
[/quote]

Is that considered rare because if the color was yellow, normally the stripes would be black?

Below is a pic of the black/red car I mentioned previously (I'm trying to attach it) ...

Attachments

• BLKGTCSREDSTRIPE.jpg
    BLKGTCSREDSTRIPE.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 17
OP
OP
Mustanger

Mustanger

Also, I think that all GTCS stripes were non-reflective - are there any CS's with aftermarket reflective stripes?

Or how about a different color stripe (I've seen them offered)??

Maybe a black color with silver, pewter, or titanium stripes could look cool if one wants to be different 8)

Mosesatm

[quote author=Mustanger link=board=1;threadid=1889;start=0#msg12443 date=1121270815]
[quote author=Mosesatm link=board=1;threadid=1889;start=0#msg12442 date=1121267171]
[/quote]

Is that considered rare because if the color was yellow, normally the stripes would be black?

[/quote]

Yes, all other yellow cars I've seen have had black stripes. The white on yellow was very subtle. It made the car look elegant rather than the mean look the black on white gives the cars.

Mosesatm

[quote author=Mustanger link=board=1;threadid=1889;start=0#msg12441 date=1121265530]
Recently a GTCS was sold by a guy in Portland (?) and it was Black with Red stripes...
[/quote]

I thought that car was sold too but someone recently asked me if I wanted to take a look at buying it.

OP
OP
Mustanger

Mustanger

[quote author=Mosesatm link=board=1;threadid=1889;start=0#msg12447 date=1121273805]
[quote author=Mustanger link=board=1;threadid=1889;start=0#msg12441 date=1121265530]
Recently a GTCS was sold by a guy in Portland (?) and it was Black with Red stripes...
[/quote]

I thought that car was sold too but someone recently asked me if I wanted to take a look at buying it.
[/quote]

Is the car being sold by the same owner, or a new guy who just bought the car and is now turning around and selling it??

How much is the asking price?

Mosesatm

Don't know. I didn't want a black car so I didn't ask. Sorry.