CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 07/25/2005, 10:17 AM   #1
nfrntau
My Car Details

My Garage
Is this used for anything?

I am getting ready to install my rear seat divider (black piece) and couln't remember if these tabs (arrow) were needed for anything. There are about four of them on the forward facing panel at the leading edge of the package tray support.
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2943.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	585  
nfrntau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/25/2005, 10:36 AM   #2
case12

'66 Convert., '00 GT Convert., '36 Ford, '07 Shelby GT-H Convt.

eBay: case12

Re:Is this used for anything?

Yes, you hang the carboard divider on them. There should be some at the top and on the sides. The divider will have slots that are in the same places. You still need to cut holes for the seat belt bolts at the bottom. Casey
case12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/25/2005, 01:59 PM   #3
bbeatty

And sometimes they can get bent out straight and then they are used to cut your arms/legs several times when restoring the interior before getting severely beaten with a BFH! :o

Bet you can figure out how I know this! ;D
bbeatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/25/2005, 09:33 PM   #4
nfrntau
My Car Details

My Garage

Thanks everybody,
I'm going in with a steel divider that will cover up these tabs. I just wanted to make sure what these were for before I created a problem by covering them up. Sounds like I should be in the clear.
I seem to be pretty good at that some times. ;D
Cheers Bill
Old 07/26/2005, 06:53 AM   #5
68gt390
My Car Details

The car that became a diecast

Bill;
Find below a reply I posted sometime ago in another thread that talked about the fire barrier and your car being concourse.

Arlie;
When looking into the trunk from the rear of the car the only thing you should see is the cardboard backing and not the jute material on the back of the seat frame.

Another thing to consider: If your car is concourse you will have to do the following in order to use the steel barrier. Install the cardboard backing first over the 4 tabs that casey explained earlier. Then in order to get the steel barrier to fit flush you must lightly tap the 4 tabs with a hammer and press them into the cardboard backing then install the steel barrier over that. This way when the judge looks into your trunk from the rear all they will see is the cardboard backing. Be careful not to press the tabs through the backside of the cardboard backing (use the hammer at the base of the tab with an upward motion). Since my cars are not concourse I didn't worry about this particular item. I just pressed the tabs all the way flush. Also, remember after installing the screws or bolts which ever you use (do not use long bolts or sheet metal screws) short is the key here, cover them with body color paint to match the inside of your trunk. I covered mine with black since that is the color of my trunk area. The judges may pick-up on the screws/bolts protruding through the back seat frame but, they will have to have a sharp eye. Not many of the concourse judges have run across the use of the steel barrier and by covering them with body color paint they may not even see it. they would have to really lean way inside of the trunk to see them. Since I judge street driven and daily driven class, this is one item we don't worry about. Last but, not least, make sure any barrier kit you purchase comes with a tube of clear silicone. This is used around the frame of the car to keep the barrier stable and not create any squeeks from the barrier flexing while the car is moving. Hope this helps.

Don
68gt390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/26/2005, 02:40 PM   #6
PFSlim
My Car Details

eBay: calspec68

My Garage

[quote author=bbeatty link=board=1;threadid=1931;start=0#msg12838 date=1122325162]
And sometimes they can get bent out straight and then they are used to cut your arms/legs several times when restoring the interior before getting severely beaten with a BFH! :o

Bet you can figure out how I know this! ;D
[/quote]

Brian B. - I hear what you are saying. Still got the scar to prove it. By the way, how big is that hammer??? ;D

Paul
PFSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/27/2005, 01:58 PM   #7
bbeatty

[quote author=PFSlim link=board=1;threadid=1931;start=0#msg12869 date=1122414037]

Brian B. - I hear what you are saying. Still got the scar to prove it. By the way, how big is that hammer??? ;D

Paul
[/quote]

Isnít funny how we can blame an inanimate object for our own mistakes sometimes? I stuck me knee on one of tabs and then I started cursing and yelling at that stupid $##@* piece of metal like I was trying to make it feel bad. Realizing that wasnít going to do any good, I picked up a hammer and whacked it so hard I actually broke lose a spot weld. Oh, well, it deserved to be mashed! >:(

And yes, I did feel better after that! ;D ;)
bbeatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/27/2005, 05:15 PM   #8
nfrntau
My Car Details

My Garage

Every shop needs a BFH in it. I bought a new one just for this project. OK I admit it, I've bought more than one new tool for this project. Use it once and your justified in having it right?

Oh, and I also bought a box of pain killers. That would be bandaides to those of you who don't have small kids anymore. It's amazing how one of those will make the pain go away. We get hurt, yell @!#%^&$. My kids get hurt and yell "I NEED A BANDAIDE!!"

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions