CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 06/26/2005, 08:40 PM   #1
mmarsalone

Second Place at the MCA National in KC

Hey guys,

My CS received a second place in the "Occasional Driver" class at the MCA National in Kansas City hosted by the Vintage Mustang Club of KC. Fortunatley for me, Paul Stevenson and Brian Beatty were unable to display there cars. They have really nice cars and coming home with an award would have been tough. Brian, thanks for your hospitality while we were in town, sure hope we get a chance to return it some time.

BTW - I need to update my pictures in the gallery, my car has been a works in progress.

Mike
mmarsalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/26/2005, 09:33 PM   #2
hookedtrout

eBay: bebopin

Send a message via Yahoo to hookedtrout
My Garage
Re:Second Place at the MCA National in KC

Two thumbs up!!!

Hook
hookedtrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/26/2005, 11:20 PM   #3
rvrtrash

So many cars, so little time!

My Garage

Way to go! ;)
Steve
rvrtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/27/2005, 07:22 AM   #4
Mustanger

Congrats and my hat's off to you! It's great and encouraging to hear of CS owners getting some recognition :)
Mustanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/27/2005, 07:24 AM   #5
meadowsdk28

"It's not what you are that holds you back, it's what you think you are not."

Way to go!! Is the GT/CS beginning to make the turn on these shows? Maybe!
meadowsdk28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/27/2005, 08:22 AM   #6
bbeatty

Mike,

It was really great to meet you and your son this weekend. :)

Congratulations on the second place showing, your car was looking really great. ;D :D ;DFor setting out in that heat all day I think everyone should have received a trophy! :(

Having such fine example of a GT/CS at the show was certainly creating a lot of interest about the CS. I wish I had mine ready for the show but I least I was able to drive it to the parking lot. Maybe Paul and I will have to come over for your next show in St Louis!
bbeatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/27/2005, 09:32 AM   #7
case12

'66 Convert., '00 GT Convert., '36 Ford, '07 Shelby GT-H Convt.

eBay: case12

Mike - what were the questions and mood of the typical passer by about your CS? What about the judges - were they knowledable of the car? It seems like we have turned the corner of the past when people were accusing of trying to clone a Shelby, and now really do appreciate our rare cars. I have been telling people that the CS was developed by Shelby, built by FORD and is more rare than a Shelby. Casey

case12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/27/2005, 04:02 PM   #8
PFSlim
My Car Details

eBay: calspec68

My Garage

Mike

That is great news!!!!! Hopefully the drive back to St. Louis went well. Wish I could have made it down to see you. Please keep me in mind as you come back to KC in the near future.

Best Regards

Paul
PFSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/27/2005, 06:13 PM   #9
mmarsalone

[quote author=case12 link=board=1;threadid=1838;start=0#msg12027 date=1119889935]
Mike - what were the questions and mood of the typical passer by about your CS? What about the judges - were they knowledable of the car? . Casey

[/quote]

Casey, A lot of people expressed an interest in purchasing one as Brian and I were answering a lot of questions and even bringing them to Brian's car in the parking lot to show them another one as I was the only CS in the show. And, I think most people realize the value of the CS's are rising.

I didn't hang around while the jusges were at my car. They spent about 25 - 30 minutes I guess. I walked and got something to eat and then visited with club members all during this time. I really hadn't planned on putting my car in a judged class. I was hoping to put it in a "display only" type class. My car has paint nicks and chips in it, and the under carriage is not detailed. I was simply planning a weekend with my 8 y/o son and seeing some nice Mustangs. I know without a doubt, there was no other car in the whole show with as many chips in the paint as mine.

Mike
mmarsalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/27/2005, 06:37 PM   #10
Sarge

My Garage

Mike,
Hey, that gives the rest of us with the "weekend driver/20 footer" hope... I always wanted to put mine in for "viewing purposes only" but was kind of worried that I would get laughed out of the show!! I too have lots of chips, but it gets rave reviews from a distance.
Way to go!!! ;)
Robert
Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions