CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 04/28/2005, 12:09 PM   #1
Mustanger

GTCS, true or false

What do you guys think:

http://used-cars.autos.yahoo.com/use...GFuZw--#imgpop

(If you can't link over, go to yahoo website, select autos, select Ford, Mustang, 1960-1970, California, it's in the Bay Area.)

The Side scoops are missing the GT/CS, and in the description, it says its a 1967 ??? Sloppy, honest mistakes, or fake ??? >:(
Mustanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/28/2005, 12:19 PM   #2
Mosesatm

Re:GTCS, true or false

For some reason I can't find it. It listed 6 cars but none of them match your description.
Mosesatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/28/2005, 12:24 PM   #3
Mosesatm

Here is another strange '67. It isn't listed as a GT/CS or anything similar but take a look at the rear of the car. I wonder if those parts are aftermarket or if they came from a GT/CSl.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ayphotohosting
Old 04/28/2005, 12:28 PM   #4
Mustanger

I just tried it again, and it's working, I went through the method of clicking on the link (for some reason, it didn't underline itself properly, so you have to copy and paste in the address field), and also by starting over by going to Yahoo Autos, and going step by step, both methods worked. I hope you can get it :-\

Anyway, did anyone else get to see it ???
Old 04/28/2005, 12:44 PM   #5
Mosesatm

Cut and paste worked.

I'll bet it's a '67 with all the CS parts on it so in his mind it's a '67 California Special, not understanding that a GT/CS is more than just parts. Otherwise parts are just parts.

Or, maybe there was one lone GT/CS built in 1967 as an experiment and this is that car. The guy doesn't realize what he has and he's giving it away for only $8,000!!!
Old 04/28/2005, 01:14 PM   #6
hookedtrout

eBay: bebopin

Send a message via Yahoo to hookedtrout
My Garage

Next time you find a web site with a half mile long URL go to this link, cut and paste the long URL and click make it tiny and it will change the long URL into a tiny URL making it functional in forums so that others can access the web site with ease. Save a link to TinyURL on your desktop for quick reference it's one of those web sites you will find useful for ever, it works awesome and fast and eliminates all the long URL postings.

http://tinyurl.com/create.php

Hook
hookedtrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/28/2005, 01:19 PM   #7
Mosesatm

What'l they think of next!
Old 04/28/2005, 01:36 PM   #8
BroadwayBlue
My Car Details

Send a message via AIM to BroadwayBlue

???

Isn't this the same car that was on eBAY last week with a starting bid of $19,000??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...sPageName=WDVW

Now they only want $8,000 or Best Offer?

Maybe the 0 (zero) bids made a difference.

Rich
BroadwayBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/28/2005, 01:40 PM   #9
Talan423
My Car Details

Send a message via AIM to Talan423
My Garage

the yahoo car mentioned looks like a 68 to me. has 68 rear quarter panels (w/reflector). has 68 front fenders. has 68 interior door latches, and if you look at the inside near the driver side 1/4 window you can see the 68 shoulder harness seat belt hanging down. also has the 68 lap belt on the floor of the rear passenger side. the scoop decal is no big deal, have seen many cars with wrong decals. this car might be worth a look for only $8k. would look into the marti report first of course.
Talan423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/28/2005, 01:47 PM   #10
Mustanger

[quote author=BroadwayBlue link=board=1;threadid=1630;start=0#msg9920 date=1114720570]
???

Isn't this the same car that was on eBAY last week with a starting bid of $19,000??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...sPageName=WDVW

Maybe the 0 (zero) bids made a difference.

Rich
[/quote]

Good Eye!!! :D Funny how this car used to be at Loda, Illinois, and now it's in the Bay Area in California?? I see that some of the same verbage was used over again.
But really is interesting how E-bay was asking $19k, and now Yahoo Autos is asking $8k - what gives ???

Old 04/28/2005, 01:50 PM   #11
bbeatty

[quote author=BroadwayBlue link=board=1;threadid=1630;start=0#msg9920 date=1114720570]

[/quote]

Good Catch! ;)

Did you notice last week the car was in Illinois and now it's in California? ??? ::)
bbeatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/28/2005, 01:53 PM   #12
Talan423
My Car Details

Send a message via AIM to Talan423
My Garage

sure looks the same to me. sounds kinda strange now????? that's quite a drop in price. noticed on the ebay sight the original grille is missing and no foglamps, although it does have the hood lock mounts and locks. it isn't in the registry but does fall within the gt/cs production numbers. ebay is listed for sale in illinois, yahoo is listed for sale in california. something doesn't add up on this car???
Talan423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/28/2005, 01:55 PM   #13
Mustanger

If you check out the E-bay link, and study the pictures, you'll notice that the front view, though it's cut off, seems to show an incorrect grill (looks like the horse and corral are there). But again, it could be a real GT/CS ... Marti should be able to verify this ;)
Old 04/28/2005, 08:25 PM   #14
BroadwayBlue
My Car Details

Send a message via AIM to BroadwayBlue

Actually on both Yahoo and eBay the listing title is has it as a 68 and it has the 68 codes according to the pictures of the codes. It looks like the 67 was just a typo in the descriptions.
BroadwayBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/29/2005, 11:08 AM   #15
Mustanger

... well, we'll see if the seller responds to an email I sent him. Still kinda curious as to the location change and price drop ...

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions