• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Registry Question/Poll?

68MustangHCS

Registry members, your about to invest in a new edition of the Registry, the information and statistics in the registry should be important to everyone.

What is your opinion on this question?

Do you want the next registry book to include non-authentic cars or only authentic cars? ???

C160223

I probably would have worded the question as: include "non - documented/verifed GT/CS HCS" or only "documented/verifed GT/CS HCS"

Mustanglvr

I think the book should have a seperate section to include pictures and info about the clones that are out there today. I get a kick out of seeing clones of the GT/CS and HCS cars. I figure if enthusiasts go to the trouble to clone one of these cars, then that makes the authentic ones all the more special. (pun intended). Paul`s books, the clones, the authentic cars, the new GT/CS`s to come and the companies that provide quality parts are all part of the same picture. We are all GT/CS and HCS enthusiasts. No one and no information should be left out of the book. It would also be nice to see copies of past magazine articles and top car show award winners. This is just my 2 cents worth.
:)Rhonda

P

PNewitt

Frankly, I don't appreciate being backed into a corner about this.

I'll do the GT/CS Registry Book as I choose, and I'll include who I choose. No one has to buy this book, and as registrar, writer and editor it's my perogative to do as I wish. I think I've more than earned that right.

I think it's insulting to expect someone who's not into the Mustang hobby, and have owned a GT/CS for over 20 years, to automatically jump up and go get "authentication" just for a new registry.

This is the part of the hobby that galls me.

Paul N.

Canuck CSter

Fellow CSters,
Haveing read, laughed and cried with you all over the years from what this fourm has offerd me as a member, I feel we are fortune to have a guy with pauls passion and knowledge of these cars as our voice.

If it was not for his first book in 88 and his continueing dedication to these cars we may not be talking on this page ( thanks to Jon all so )and fear where we may be.

It IS his book and he has chosen to ask our opinions for the better of us all, we should respect that and not even think of undermining HIS work.

We are on the crusp of the credibility we have longed for for years and I for one will continue to support his leadership.

With success sometimes comes individualism and it is our unity that gives this fourm its strengh and seperates us from the others.

Beening canadian I find it strange to use this line but , I DON'T ASK WHAT HE CAN DO FOR US, BUT WHAT CAN WE DO FOR HIM...

Paul finish your book" I'll buy it " fight our fights and don't let the peanut gallery get under your skin...

I would hate to see alittle aknowledgement create stress fractures in such a good group.

Hoppy Easter to you all,

DR

P.S. The pleasure of this group has made decide to dust it off and feed the 390 the $ 3.50 a gallon it deserves it I go broke with a smile...For that I thank you.

[quote author=PNewitt link=board=1;threadid=1517;start=0#msg9040 date=1111958476]
Frankly, I don't appreciate being backed into a corner about this.

I'll do the GT/CS Registry Book as I choose, and I'll include who I choose. No one has to buy this book, and as registrar, writer and editor it's my perogative to do as I wish. I think I've more than earned that right.

I think it's insulting to expect someone who's not into the Mustang hobby, and have owned a GT/CS for over 20 years, to automatically jump up and go get "authentication" just for a new registry.

This is the part of the hobby that galls me.

Paul N.
[/quote]

Mosesatm

Paul I really don't see how anyone is backing you into a corner. People are just throwing out ideas. Some of the ideas may make it into this book and some may not. It's up to you to weigh the merits of the ideas and the time involved to include them. Some of the ideas may need to wait until the next book. It's your choice and we all understand that. If I remember correctly you started the string about the registry so if you have all the information you need regarding that topic let us know and we'll talk about something else.

P

PNewitt

I thought I'd give everyone a chance to say what and how I could structure the registry. I didn't have to do that. Then, it got to the point of actually doing this "poll" thread here to "force" me do a registry ONLY with cars that are "authenticated".

I've not only written and self-published two books on this car, but, made decals, grille paint, Lucas pedistals, scoop screens, etc..ALL since 1988. This has been a labor of love, and I can't even begin to count the total amount of time that I've done all of this. I never made a whole lot of money doing this--and in fact lost money (and my car is still not restored after 430,000 miles)--all for YOU.

This "poll" has really put me on the spot, and I can't think of greater disrespect.

I'm going to think this over, and then decide in about a month whether I shred the entire registry and all the CS (HCS) research that I have,

OR to do a book this summer.

Paul M. Newitt

case12

Paul - I cant say this respectfully enough - We are here for you! Whatever you need, let us know. Please dont be discouraged by other's opinion (including my own). The internet is an easy way for anyone to voice opinion, but the REAL work is what you do, and you have the RIGHT to include what you decide. Whatever you decide, we will support - and buy. Please decide to do another book. I personally have been trying to collect everything you have written (published) on the GT/CS out there. It would be a privilege to get another book from you. Respectfully, Casey

Mustanglvr

:( Me too Paul. You just keep doing what you do best. Nobody meant to put any pressure on you about the registry. As you well know, us GT/CS and HCS owners are a passionate breed and are very strong in their opinions. I think some of us got a little over zealous about helping you with your book. I`m sure when the book is finished we`d like to say that we all had a part in the way it came out, not only just the info on our cars but with the whole book. It is your book and you should do it your way. I appreciate the work you`ve done in the past concerning these cars and I look forward to everthing you do in the future. Keep up the good work. :)Rhonda

Doug57

Paul, I've noticed more excitement expressed over the GT/CS over the last couple of months,then I've seen in the past. Please keep the ball rolling.We all enjoy your knowledge on these special cars..

Mustanglvr

68MUSTANGHCS,
You should go back and read through the posts and you will see that Paul already explained what happened and apoligized. So its"been there, done that already." Paul knows all is forgiven and we`ve moved on just like a family would. :) Rhonda

P

PNewitt

I could delete the whole message that I left, but I'll leave it to show that I have ups and downs just like anyone else. We are just human, you know.

I appreciate the support. It's nice to come home from a hard day at work, and to read such nice things about my books, etc.

I could explain why I said those things, but it was a personal family thing, and the stress of an attack on my character. The stress was bad that day, but I'm past that now.

Thanks--you folks really ARE like family!

Paul.