CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 03/18/2005, 11:05 PM   #1
rjw

California Special convertible

I am at the Pensacola MCA show. Guess what drives in this afternoon? A California Special convertible! Apparently built from a 1967 convertible, it is a red convertible with a black top, but has all the appearances of a Cal Spec. It really looks pretty good, too, and was drawing quite a crowd. But hold on to your hats...it is in the Pony Corral for $45,000.00. I will try to get a picture tomorrow.
Richard
rjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/19/2005, 06:42 AM   #2
390cs68rcode
My Car Details

Have you driven your CS or Cobra Jet today?

eBay: jbsteven1

My Garage
Re:California Special convertible

a restomod CS! :o

at least he is doing his part to raise the average price. He must have read the boards recently. ;)
390cs68rcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/19/2005, 11:16 AM   #3
quicknick
My Car Details

eBay: gtcslover

Send a message via MSN to quicknick
My Garage

That car has been around for quite a long time if it's the same one I am thinking of.
I seem to recall a dealer in Florida trying to sell it as authentic a few years ago. It was the subject of a long post on this site way back when. Some of the oldsters on here should remember.
Shoot us a pic. I am curious to see if it is the same car.
quicknick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/19/2005, 03:44 PM   #4
GT_CS

Fas's Sunlit Gold GT/CS

Yes Quicknick,

you're not the only one, i remember surfing the net a year or 2 ago and a dealer did have this car for sale, it was candy apple red with white decals if i recall correctly, and i think it had shelby wheels???? but i'm postive there is one of these fake GT/CS convertible around!

Regards
Fasar
GT_CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/19/2005, 05:49 PM   #5
Talan423
My Car Details

Send a message via AIM to Talan423
My Garage

I REMEMBER SEING THAT CAR ABOUT 5 OR 6 YEARS AGO ONLINE . WE ALL PICKED IT APART PRETTY GOOD!! IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY THE DEALER HAD A HARD TIME SELLING IT. I THINK HE WANTED ABOUT 20K FOR IT, WHICH WAS OUTRAGEOUS BACK THEN. I'D LIKE TO SEE A PICTURE OF IT AGAIN. DID IT WIN ANYTHING?

TOM
Talan423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/19/2005, 08:17 PM   #6
rjw

Okay guys, I have pics but no card reader with me. I will post next week. Upon a closer look today, it is a current (2002?) Ford Red with white stripes. It does have the Shelby 10 spokes. It has a fiberglass hood with no hood pins and no fog lights. (And no running horse, either.) It has a chin spoiler. I'm not sure if it is the same car you guys mention in that he showed pictures of the car in the restoration process within the last 6 weeks (while it still had the 67 taillight panel.) It is a manual transmission and he came in from Georgia. I will post pics when I get back home.
Richard
rjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/20/2005, 08:09 AM   #7
mongoose

Acorrding to the publications of patrick covert in ultimate mustangs and randy leffingwell in mustang 40 years the california gt/cs was only available in the hardtop model
mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/20/2005, 01:42 PM   #8
GT_CS

Fas's Sunlit Gold GT/CS

well at the moment its all speculation, but if it was recently replicated then it must be a newer one, hence it cannot be the one we're all conversing about, I very faintly remember the details of the one i saw, if i see pics i could possibly recognise it!

Talan i feel we're talking about the same car but not the same time scale? but yeah i think we took it apart quite well if it is that same one! well done!

Regards
Fasar
GT_CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/21/2005, 03:40 PM   #9
PNewitt

[quote author=mongoose link=board=1;threadid=1482;start=0#msg8723 date=1111331369]
Acorrding to the publications of patrick covert in ultimate mustangs and randy leffingwell in mustang 40 years the california gt/cs was only available in the hardtop model
[/quote]

GEE--and I wonder where they got THAT information????

....("if I had a nickle for every time.....")

Paul Newitt
Author, GT/CS Recognition Guide, 1988, 1996.

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions