CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 01/22/2005, 02:13 PM   #1
dualies
My Car Details

Send a message via ICQ to dualies Send a message via AIM to dualies
68 floor consol seat belt cup

there are 2 of the cup on ebay for sale and claimed it fits 67 and 68 , I thought 67 and 68 use different cup to hold the seatbelt buckle, anyone know about this?
dualies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/2005, 02:19 PM   #2
deestix

Re:68 floor consol seat belt cup

As per the 'Mustang 1964 1/2 - 1973 Restoration Guide', the center console seat belt cup is the same part number for both 1967 and 1968: 044E16. I can only quote you the book; I have no personal experience to back this up.
deestix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/2005, 02:27 PM   #3
dualies
My Car Details

Send a message via ICQ to dualies Send a message via AIM to dualies

Thank you very much, this is all I need to konw, I think they are the same too.
dualies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/2005, 05:16 PM   #4
68sunlitgold
My Car Details

GT/CS nut

dualies,
they are exactly the same items, they only difference is there placement in the console. You can also use the 67 console base for 68 with some modifications.

Doug
68sunlitgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/23/2005, 08:32 AM   #5
PFSlim
My Car Details

eBay: calspec68

My Garage

With regards to seat belt cups, does everyone have the cups glued in or not glued in??

I have one of those console drink holders that fits into the seat belt cups that I was only going use for "road trips" and not for shows. Just wandered what everyone else is doing???

Paul
PFSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/23/2005, 09:14 AM   #6
68gt390
My Car Details

The car that became a diecast

Paul;
Don't know if you want to stay stock on the console or not. Since my factory console was missing I replaced it with a Humphugger Cruiser Console. It fits very nicely between the seats and the cup holders fit perfectly around the passenger seat. It is similar to the console found in the late model Fox body cars. Plus it gives me somewhere to rest my right arm on long trips and an extra storage area. They can be gotten for either 4 speed or automatic and comes with a boot cover. The only draw back is you loose your cups for the seat belts. Most folks who look at the car at shows don't even know it's not the stock console. I have attached a picture to show how it fits.

Don
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0018.JPG
Views:	8
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	374  
68gt390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/23/2005, 08:21 PM   #7
rjw

Since mine came with the incorrect 1967 floor console, I likewise replaced it with a humphugger removable console (console is held on with velcro.) The drink holders are functional and, like Don, I have somewhere to rest my arm. (I'm spoiled on the Explorer having just the right height console to serve as an armrest.) I usually leave it in the car, but it can be removed. And like Don said, the average guy or gal thinks it is original. Certainly the purists know it is not original.
Richard
rjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/24/2005, 08:05 AM   #8
PFSlim
My Car Details

eBay: calspec68

My Garage

Don and Richard

As you can see by our gallery (Paul & Brian Stevenson) we have a good orig console installed. It looks great. As well, we have the console cups and they are in great shape. I also bought the "Console Plug & Chug", which attaches to orig console seat belt cups (when cups are removed). I will only use this on drives while listening to my orig PHILCO am radio station.

Anyway, just wanted to see if anyone else had applied glue to their cups or if they leave them removable like I will have to.

Paul
PFSlim is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions