CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 05/01/2016, 10:13 PM   #1
p51
My Car Details

Carpe Diem

Ammeter -> Volt Meter conversion + a "?"

Just replaced my (dead) ammeter with a volt meter from Rocketman's classic gauges. I really like it and it's only $40 + shipping when you send back your old core... about the price of a tank of gas (in CA!). It's nice so I thought I'd give it a plug...
M6768CV - Volt Meter for 1967-1968 Ford Mustangs - with Cougar volt scale

http://www.rccinnovations.com/index....=menu-volt-all

That plus a Retrogauge mini-tach where the clock goes makes the whole gauge cluster useful without losing the classic look.

Also, I do have one question about removing the gauge cluster. There are two connectors on the left hand side that are always a real bear to disconnect/connect. For future reference, does anyone have any clever techniques for handling those connectors? Also, it seems that when I do get them connected, although they are tight, the connectors don't seem to completely "snap" together. Anyone else have a similar experience?

The world stands aside to let anyone pass who knows where he is going.
p51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/02/2016, 04:08 PM   #2
dalorzo_f
My Car Details

My Garage
I work on the two connectors you note thru the heater control opening. Not easy to get to no matter what. Don't remember how well they clip together but don't recall any issues...
dalorzo_f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/02/2016, 08:20 PM   #3
Ruppstang

My Garage
I connect them before I push the panel into it's place. The are suppose to be locks on each side of the connector but they are often broken.
Marty

Follow HCS restoration at http://68hcs.weebly.com
Ruppstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/02/2016, 08:53 PM   #4
p51
My Car Details

Carpe Diem

Thanks for the info. Had not thought of opening up the heater control to get one hand through on the side and the other through the front between the cluster and dash (before pushing the cluster back into place). Whenever I reconnect the connectors they are tight and seem to make a good connection but they always *look* like they're not completely pushed together...

The world stands aside to let anyone pass who knows where he is going.
p51 is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions