CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 04/26/2016, 08:03 PM   #1
retroman99

If you're not living on the Edge you're taking up too much room

My Garage
Dash pad

please help on any leads to get an original OEM used dash pad in good condition. I have looked at 3 after market pads and don't like any of them. The dashes direct pad isn't the correct texture or material and that is what NPD sells. I have the same one from another source its the same as NPD appears to have been produced by dashes direct as well. I had Mustangs to fear send me theirs it is really nice but not original style and very different updated look. my original dash is in ok condition but has a few hard brittle spots with some cracks starting I'm getting to the end and have looked at swap meets Craig's list and EBay with little luck. I keep looking I need dark blue but at this point ill take any color and dye it. if somebody has another source for Repop let me know.
retroman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/27/2016, 06:08 AM   #2
Mosesatm

Mustangs to fear?
Mosesatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/28/2016, 08:53 AM   #3
rvrtrash

So many cars, so little time!

My Garage
http://www.mustangstofear.com/

The wannabe formerly known as an owner.
rvrtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/30/2016, 09:04 PM   #4
retroman99

If you're not living on the Edge you're taking up too much room

My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by retroman99 View Post
please help on any leads to get an original OEM used dash pad in good condition. I have looked at 3 after market pads and don't like any of them. The dashes direct pad isn't the correct texture or material and that is what NPD sells. I have the same one from another source its the same as NPD appears to have been produced by dashes direct as well. I had Mustangs to fear send me theirs it is really nice but not original style and very different updated look. my original dash is in ok condition but has a few hard brittle spots with some cracks starting I'm getting to the end and have looked at swap meets Craig's list and EBay with little luck. I keep looking I need dark blue but at this point ill take any color and dye it. if somebody has another source for Repop let me know.
does anybody have experience with the scott drake dash pad. seems it comes in black. can it be dyed? the dashes direct dash pad specifically says it cant . I'm curious if the fit and finish. grain. from what I read it says the vinyl is vacuum formed then filled with foam. sounds better than the dashes direct version I have it is more expensive but at this point I'm not worried about a few bucks
retroman99 is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > Classified Ads