• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Search for my old GT/CS

single-T

Hello everyone, new here to the forums. I previously used this site back when I owned my 68 CS. I was wondering if anyone could help me find my old CS, it was my first car and daily driver all through HS and was forced to sell it in 2010. It was originally Lime Gold with Olive interior but by the time my family purchased it in early 2000's? it had been given the Mexico restoration. The interior was done completely black, even down to the dash being painted black :lipsseal: It was painted competition orange with some black trim all around. The car was in CA its whole life and we had it in Riverside when we sold it. Also it had front end damage from an accident.The buyer had talked of plans to restore it and I'm curious if that ever happened. Also it was a 289 with C4 transmission. any info on it would be much appreciated. Unfortunately I don't have the Marti for it, we gave it to the buyer.

franklinair

Too bad you don't have the VIN.
Any paperwork from the sale? Buyer's name?
Was it in the registry when you were previously on this site?
If so, under what name? The Registrar could possibly back track.
Not much to go on from 5 years ago.

Neil

robert campbell

If YOU ordered a Marti report for it, Kevin Marti may still have your name on file as the purchaser of this report. And could give you the VIN.

Rob

TexAg

If you know the old plate number, i might be able to help track down the dmv records.

dalorzo_f

Did you ever give the data to Paul Newitt for inclusion in his book? If so, the VIN would be there. You could then use that to search the new on line registry here and the web to see if it may be found that way...

08gtcslady

If u give me your real name, i have a copy of the most recent Paul Newitt GT/CS book. I could look up the vin for ya.