CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 01/19/2016, 08:19 AM   #1
single-T

Search for my old GT/CS

Hello everyone, new here to the forums. I previously used this site back when I owned my 68 CS. I was wondering if anyone could help me find my old CS, it was my first car and daily driver all through HS and was forced to sell it in 2010. It was originally Lime Gold with Olive interior but by the time my family purchased it in early 2000's? it had been given the Mexico restoration. The interior was done completely black, even down to the dash being painted black It was painted competition orange with some black trim all around. The car was in CA its whole life and we had it in Riverside when we sold it. Also it had front end damage from an accident.The buyer had talked of plans to restore it and I'm curious if that ever happened. Also it was a 289 with C4 transmission. any info on it would be much appreciated. Unfortunately I don't have the Marti for it, we gave it to the buyer.
single-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/19/2016, 11:27 AM   #2
franklinair
My Car Details

My Garage
Too bad you don't have the VIN.
Any paperwork from the sale? Buyer's name?
Was it in the registry when you were previously on this site?
If so, under what name? The Registrar could possibly back track.
Not much to go on from 5 years ago.

Neil
franklinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/19/2016, 04:36 PM   #3
robert campbell
My Car Details

My Garage
If YOU ordered a Marti report for it, Kevin Marti may still have your name on file as the purchaser of this report. And could give you the VIN.

Rob
robert campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/19/2016, 07:06 PM   #4
TexAg

My Garage
If you know the old plate number, i might be able to help track down the dmv records.

'68 Highland Green GT/CS J-code
TexAg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/21/2016, 04:58 PM   #5
dalorzo_f
My Car Details

My Garage
Did you ever give the data to Paul Newitt for inclusion in his book? If so, the VIN would be there. You could then use that to search the new on line registry here and the web to see if it may be found that way...
dalorzo_f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/21/2016, 08:15 PM   #6
08gtcslady

If u give me your real name, i have a copy of the most recent Paul Newitt GT/CS book. I could look up the vin for ya.
08gtcslady is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions

Tags
california, gt/cs, search