CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 01/06/2016, 07:10 PM   #31
dalorzo_f
My Car Details

My Garage
... and since I found this shot too, one more for good measure...

1 – Shock Tower/Spring Cover
2 – Washer Bottle
3 – Wire harness /Washer hoses (#376756 strap)
4 – Fuel line / Grommett
5 – Bumper Arms (2 palces, one shown)
6 - ???
7 – Rubber Plug (#376966)
8 - Not used, probably indexing hole for fabrication jig
9 - Upper Control Arm (lowered holes in pic, originals welded up)
10 – PS hose strap (289)
11 – Fuel Line Clip (#354663)
12 - TBD - May vary with disc/drum brakes
13 - TBD - May vary with disc/drum brakes
14 - TBD - May vary with disc/drum brakes
15 - Brake Line Clip (#370431)
16 – Steering Box
17 – PS Ram Bracket
18 – Hood Hinges
19 - Rubber Plug (#376966)
20 - Wire Harness /Washer hoses (#376756 strap)
21 – Wiring Harness Clip (barb clip wrapped into harness)
22 – Brake Distribution Block
23 - ???
24 - Rubber Plug (#376966)
25 - Rubber Plug (#??????)

Maybe next week the radiator support!!!
dalorzo_f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/2016, 07:32 PM   #32
J_Speegle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalorzo_f View Post
Thanks! Feel free to use it or adapt it elsewhere....

I can't figure out #6 on the rear apron... the hole is on my GTCS but in the same location my San Jose S code convertible and S GT coupe don't have it.... but my Dearborn X code does... it is very clean and looks factory, but not sure why it would be on one and not the others... maybe they got welded up on the two. Thinking a rubber plug...

Yes normally a rubber plug that often gets (on the wheel side) covered/hidden with sound deadener.

Likely there for the same reason the one on the passenger rear inner panel (your number 23 in that picture) is there ;)

Jeff Speegle
C U @ ConcoursMustang.com
J_Speegle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/2016, 08:15 PM   #33
dalorzo_f
My Car Details

My Garage
Thanks Jeff, on that note I am thinking all of the plugs were installed from the outside, better water protection, which was the point, not looks in the engine bay.

Would that be correct....???
Old 01/08/2016, 04:18 PM   #34
dalorzo_f
My Car Details

My Garage
Just learned something new and an item I never noticed before.... on the '67 convertibles the power top wiring feed was routed from the LH side of the firewall. Not the RH as on '65, '66 and '68. If you look at the pic of the LH rear apron you'll see a rectangular flat spot with a dimple dead center, just to the outside of the washer/speedo/clutch/main harness holes. A 1.25" hole was drilled here and the feed ran along the main harness, hand taped on the line....

Just an item I found interesting as I'm continuing the work on the convertible top book and yet another new detail to document... amazing, to me, that I've been doing this research on and off for almost a decade... on only the differences in 65-68 convertible tops and systems.... and its still "in process"... every new small item like this is hours to document in writing... then backcheck... some day it may be done...
Old 01/08/2016, 05:13 PM   #35
J_Speegle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalorzo_f View Post
Thanks Jeff, on that note I am thinking all of the plugs were installed from the outside, better water protection, which was the point, not looks in the engine bay.

Would that be correct....???

Looking at 68 San Jose cars all four (or more) of those plugs for the unused holes have the plugs installed from the wheel side into the engine compartment as you thought

Jeff Speegle
C U @ ConcoursMustang.com
J_Speegle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/08/2016, 05:21 PM   #36
dalorzo_f
My Car Details

My Garage
Thanks for confirming...
Old 01/08/2016, 07:29 PM   #37
dalorzo_f
My Car Details

My Garage

In doing a bit more work on "the book" I think 19 may be for the convertible top junction block. Not GT/CS related, for sure, but wondering if anyone may be able to confirm...

???

19 - Convertible Top Feed Junction Block
Old 01/08/2016, 09:41 PM   #38
whodat

eBay: metronash

A under hood bolt guide would be great too. What the bolt looks like as to where it goes and what
it's for.
whodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/08/2016, 10:00 PM   #39
franklinair
My Car Details

My Garage
I think an AMK catalog would have those listings for under hood hardware (nuts/bolts/etc.)

Neil
franklinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/08/2016, 10:31 PM   #40
dalorzo_f
My Car Details

My Garage
And that will be nother days project. I am working on my convertible top "bible" (a far a more tedious and time consuming effort than one would imagine, 4 hours today just documenting the solenoid ar and breaker/fusible link difernces from '65-68...multiply that by all the other aprts and I get 10 year in and still the drafdt is "almost done"...).

I guess you could start with the 289 GT/CS, most common (or maybe the 302), and then you drift into the 302 vs the 390 vs the 428... it spins out really, relaly fast, not a simple task... attached is an Excel I srated long ago, for my 390 convertible. Another never-ending-tale type event... it lists more them bolt (which will be the next step, what paint/color/finish..). I copied it and started a GT/Cs but it is woefully incomplete.

There is a link I saw a while ago on the Concours forum to an incredibly impressive laisitng of bolts and locations, can't find it right now but if you go looking there you may find it. Not sure if it covers year/plant/time as the matrix gets large fast...

if anyone want to add info for the spread sheet, feel free to provide it and I'll update the masters... or take it copy it, morph it and make something better...
Old 01/08/2016, 10:35 PM   #41
dalorzo_f
My Car Details

My Garage
Hmm... OK, you can't attach a Excel... if the admins can figure out how to post is ahpy to share, it is a big pdf... which can't be edited...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf S_Code_Engine_Detailing.pdf (86.8 KB, 19 views)
File Type: pdf 68_Cal_Special_Code_Engine_Detailing.pdf (81.6 KB, 19 views)
Old 02/24/2016, 02:54 PM   #42
whodat

Quote:
Originally Posted by franklinair View Post
I think an AMK catalog would have those listings for under hood hardware (nuts/bolts/etc.)

Neil

I was about to post again when I saw your comment. Thanks it's exactly what I needed.
Old 10/19/2017, 05:35 AM   #43
whodat

Firewall Hole ID

Can anybody else see the photos that Richard posted? Does anybody have those photos saved?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by whodat; 10/20/2017 at 03:14 PM..
Old 10/19/2017, 07:48 AM   #44
CougarCJ
My Car Details

Spaceman Spiff

My Garage
Hi all, just read this on another forum and wanted to share it here as pictures are so important to sharing info about our hobby. I just copied the post so here it is and it seems to work with firefox for me.
Fix for seeing Photobucket pics

If you're using Google Chrome, go to the three dots on the right side of the screen and click them. A drop down should appear. Hover your mouse over "More Tools," and when the next drop down appears, click on extensions. Go to the link towards the bottom that says "Get more extensions." In the search box, type "Photobucket Fix," and hit enter. Click the install button and once it's done, you should be able to see photobucket pictures again.

For FireFox users, click on the three bars on the right side of the screen, then click on add ons. Click search for "photobucket hotlink" and click install. Same result.

This worked for me. Results may vary, property of MLB, and cannot be rebroadcast without express written permission, member FDIC, yada yada.

Scott Behncke
1968 GT/CS 302-4V Honors flysis income beezis onches nobis inob keesis
West Coast Classic Cougar A good source for Mustang mechanical parts too.
CougarCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/19/2017, 08:16 AM   #45
admin
Administrator
My Car Details

Just your friendly neighborhood webmaster...

My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodat View Post
Can anybody else see the photos that Richard posted? Does anybody have those photos saved? I need them.
If you click on them they should show. They do for me.

admin is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions