D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Old 04/03/2017, 09:46 AM   #46
My Car Details
Carpe Diem

Originally Posted by robert campbell View Post
Need a 1/2 inch fuel sending unit with a return line fitting?? Had this one on my GNS!!!

Ron Morris used to sell a sender configured in the same way but I can't find it on line anymore. This type of sender with a Holley Hydramat hooked to it (instead of the filter sock) *might* be the solution to fuel slosh. (Side note: The vent line from a FCC cannot be hooked to this type of return but must "vent" to a location above the fuel level).

He also has a version of the FCC that he sells that some people are using instead of the FiTech FCC (because of lingering issues with the FCC)

One thing to consider when picking a fuel pump (either in-tank, in-line, or FCC style sump w/pump) is whether it can handle a PWM (rapid on/off cycling) controller. I believe FiTech controls the pump with a PWM. Some (older?) pump designs were designed for constant running (with return line), cannot handle the rapid on/off cycling of PWM controller, and will eventually burn out. My (limited) understanding is that turbine-style pumps can handle PWM control where as other styles (eg. gerotor) cannot.

The world stands aside to let anyone pass who knows where he is going.
p51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/03/2017, 02:05 PM   #47
robert campbell
My Car Details

My Garage
Boy are we (you) zeroing in on many of the complications if not all! Thanks for your research. I had no idea that Robb MC had this! I was more than happy with the quality of the sending unit I purchased!

robert campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions