CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 08/21/2015, 02:16 PM   #1
AADaddy

My Garage
Driving a GT/CS...

I've been able to log a few miles this summer in my GT/CS between mechanical bugs. I have never owned a car that gets so much attention. The other day I was in a parking lot and noticed a random Women taking photos of me. When the Women realized I saw this she drove up to me. Her comment was "Sorry, I am not taking pictures of you, I'm taking pictures of your car! I've never seen a California Special in person! Only heard of them from people." Well my bubble was burst, thought all that biking I've done this summer was garnering me some attention. Turns out it was not my paparazzi following me! Any one else got some good stories out there they want to share?

07 GT Convertible
68 GT/CS
There's always room for more!
AADaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/21/2015, 03:25 PM   #2
stangfan

GT/CS 8R01C150245

My Garage
I agree with you. The GT/CS gets a LOT of attention. I have had at least two occasions where people were taking cell phone video of me driving along. At car shows, it seems like every second person is taking pictures. Big smiles and thumbs up whenever I take it out.

Steve Cracknell
stangfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/21/2015, 04:34 PM   #3
mbsf1970

Dream car: '68 GTCS Pres Blue

When my son and I ventured to California last summer, we counted the honks and thumbs up on our second day on the highway--for something to do. We lost count after 20!
It does get a lot of smiles, secretly, I like that

Stephen
mbsf1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/22/2015, 03:50 AM   #4
Maine gt/cs

My Garage
Last month, My son and I were out for a little jaunt when a white pickup ruck went by us in the opposite direction and all of the sudden he did a u turn and started to follow us for a couple of miles until I turned into a gas station to fuel up. He walked up and asked me, Where's the rest of your Shelby. He laughed and told me he has seen pictures of GT/CS's but never seen one. Turns out he has a decent collection of early mustangs. He gave me his number and told me if the car ever comes up for sale, he will buy it on the spot and add it to his collection. That's when my son speaks up very quickly, NOT FOR SALE. I love driving this car because you meet the nicest people who will stop and I get to talk about the car.

Tim

1968 J-Code, 4 Speed, Candy Apple Red
Scratch a dog and you will find a permanent job.
Maine gt/cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/19/2015, 02:18 AM   #5
Jerry

Can I get that guy's number?

I posted an ad that I have to sell my GT/CS and he sounds like a serious buyer.
thanks,
Jerry
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions