• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

SPECIAL ORDER '68 CS & HCS?

hicountrybob

Hey, Guys and Gals, have you ever seen a special order '68 CS or HCS? I know I haven't. I mean that I have never seen a '68 CS DSO 71 or 72 or 74 or 75 or whatever, with a FOUR digit special order number on a door vin tag (total of six numbers) ie. 71xxxx Samo, Samo with a 68 HCS, always just a DSO 51. WHAT GIVES? Did Ford do away with the 4 digit special order numbers for the '68 vehicles? I've always wondered if I had gone to Courtesy Ford to buy a green hcs and they had none, did they call another dealer to get one to sell to me or let me walk or what? Bob

68sunlitgold

Bob,
I have seen one, the '68 Gold Nugget Special with a DSO of 74 1111. This was made for the Seattle area. I have seen a couple of them while I lived there, but I do not remember ever seeing a CS. But if I remember right, there are some listed in Pauls registry.

Doug

OP
OP
H

hicountrybob

Yeh, Doug, I do remember the Gold Nuggets with their DSO741111. So now we know that the special order numbers xxxx still existed. How interesting to recall that group of cars. By the way, you probably have hit on the (SPECIALS) site before , and I just tried to pull it up and couldn't find it. Interesting stuff on our cars as well as the Cardinal Special, the Blue Bonnet Special, and how about the Twister? Doug, would you pull that up and post it for our "brothers" here on the site to enjoy? Anyway, can anyone step up to provide some authentic stuff on a special order CS/HCS car? Bob