• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Radiator size for 289 hipo

PB gtcs

Folks,

We have built a 289 hipo, 30 over, 302 crank, flat top pistions, polished/ported the heads, alum intake, 600 holley. Will the standard replacement radiator be enough cooling for this engine. Live in K.C., Mo.

Brian

CalPaul

I'd rather run a little cool than a little hot (it can get hot out here in CA) so I'm running a 4 core radiator. This way I can run the AC and not have an issue. Just my preference. ;D

hcsstang

I just had my radiator recored.I went with the regular radiator three row but he was telling that a high efficency two core will cool more than a regulator three row. The rows are closer togeather. When you see one you can tell it.

Jayscal

I have been using 4 row radiators as long as I has my car. Thats my story and I am sticking to it.