CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 04/08/2013, 08:41 AM   #2
clubpro

Cool

Great photos Steve! You should be very proud of your new acquisition. Hopefully you can make up a poster with the cars incredible history on it for everyone to read.

You are very lucky to have a wife who is also involved in the hobby. Mine simply tolerates my addiction :-)

Cheers,

Ron

"You can't build a reputation on what you're going to do." - Henry Ford
clubpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/08/2013, 08:57 AM   #3
Forsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubpro View Post
Great photos Steve! You should be very proud of your new acquisition. Hopefully you can make up a poster with the cars incredible history on it for everyone to read.

You are very lucky to have a wife who is also involved in the hobby. Mine simply tolerates my addiction :-)

Cheers,

Ron
Thanks Ron. We do love it. We did type something up with a one-page summary of some of the interesting things about the car but I agree a poster could be more fun.

I agree, I am very fortunate to have a wife who loves cars! I appreciate that she is more the exception than the rule. The only negative thing is that she knows that I've been ebay shopping for a couple of NOS items that should be changed out and and she made me promise that I'll get her approval for any part changed out on her CS. : ) Guess I can't argue with that.
Forsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/08/2013, 11:10 AM   #4
x-codegtcs

eBay: ski*beast

My Garage
That's great! Can't wait to get mine finished and out!

1967 390 GTA Fastback
1968 J-Code GT/CS (Under Restoration) http://68jcodegtcs.blogspot.com/
1968 GT500 Convertible Replica
1968 X-Code GT/CS (SOLD)
x-codegtcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/08/2013, 11:41 AM   #5
somethingspecial

My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsche View Post
The only negative thing is that she knows that I've been ebay shopping for a couple of NOS items that should be changed out and and she made me promise that I'll get her approval for any part changed out on her CS. : ) Guess I can't argue with that.
What are you looking for, you might have better luck looking here. Just remember, 7 Million in gold was not original equipment. LOL

Mike Jewell
GT/CS Registrar
mikej@bigbytes.com
If at first you don't succeed, Parachuting is not for you!!!!
somethingspecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/08/2013, 01:15 PM   #6
gt/csj4

eBay: jtot8126

My Garage
ya whatever you're looking for I am sure myself, as well as many others may have (Neil was able to get me lenses and a damn near brand new air cleaner 302 lid that I could not find) Just get a WTB ad out, if you post it, we will help

1967 GTA 289 2v silver frost coupe (SOLD)
1968 California Special 302 4v 4 spd
gt/csj4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/08/2013, 02:11 PM   #7
Forsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingspecial View Post
What are you looking for, you might have better luck looking here. Just remember, 7 Million in gold was not original equipment. LOL
Thanks Neil. I can;t believe that I didn't think of checking here. I've been such an ebay hound for years that I just go there by habit!

We don't need much but I was looking for an original antenna. Are all of the '68 round bases? We have the base and a one-inch nub of the shaft. If anyone has an original antenna We'd be interested in purchasing. Also of interest but i suspect very difficult to find is an automatic console or console pad. Sara's is in pretty good condition but has splits in the seams in a few places. One of the splits was repaired very poorly with glue and would be hard to repair better at this point. finally, we'd love to put an original radio back in it. It was replaced with an aftermarket. Oh yeah....one other thing : ) Would love to find left and right kick panels in good condition. The PO put some honking' speaker boxes in the footwell and installed them on the current kick panels.

Steve
Old 04/08/2013, 03:29 PM   #8
somethingspecial

My Garage
Steve, the antenna and the kick panels you can get Reproduction and they can be pretty nice. Original panels would most likely be very brittle due to age and usually crack around the screw holes. As far as the console padded top, very hard to find, but they are still out there in good shape. Radios are also available, but see some of the other threads about revamped radios that look original, but have updated internals with MP3 jacks. Hope this helps. ps. you might check with Franklinair, (Neil) for the console parts. He MIGHT have something available, but don't hold me to that.

Mike

Mike Jewell
GT/CS Registrar
mikej@bigbytes.com
If at first you don't succeed, Parachuting is not for you!!!!
somethingspecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/08/2013, 05:38 PM   #9
Forsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingspecial View Post
Steve, the antenna and the kick panels you can get Reproduction and they can be pretty nice. Original panels would most likely be very brittle due to age and usually crack around the screw holes. As far as the console padded top, very hard to find, but they are still out there in good shape. Radios are also available, but see some of the other threads about revamped radios that look original, but have updated internals with MP3 jacks. Hope this helps. ps. you might check with Franklinair, (Neil) for the console parts. He MIGHT have something available, but don't hold me to that.

Mike
Thanks, Mike. Will check the reproduction antenna's. Can the kick panels be dyed if I do find some? If not, may check out the reproductions. Will also check with Neil on the console. It does seem they are pretty rare.

Steve
Old 04/14/2013, 10:44 PM   #10
franklinair
My Car Details

My Garage
x-codegtcs (Bryce) may be able to help with the console pad.
Kick panels are available in original colors. $30+/- from parts suppliers.

Neil
franklinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/15/2013, 05:59 PM   #11
Forsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by franklinair View Post
x-codegtcs (Bryce) may be able to help with the console pad.
Kick panels are available in original colors. $30+/- from parts suppliers.

Neil
Thanks Neil. I'll check.

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions