• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Exhaust question....

dalorzo_f

Another post mentioned Precision Exhuast, took a look on thier site.

Been considering dual exhaust on the C code, swapping a 4 bbl 4100 and matching intake I have onto the engine when I pull it for clean-up and painting.

The Precision site lists one dual exhaust system for 289, 302, 390, and 428 for '67-'69. As I have a spare 390 dual exhaust setup for my S codes, which I assumed would not fit, it now appears all I need is the correct H pipe?

Or would this swap require different exhaust manifolds as well? Don't seem to have a reference that lists those part numbers to see...

CougarCJ

The "H" pipe is what is different on their systems. Precision Exhaust uses the same mufflers and pipe diameter throught the systems.

They offer an "H" pipe for the 289 HiPo exhaust manifolds too. We have convinced them to make an "H" pipe that allows the use of 351W manifolds on the 289/302 engine. 351W cast iron exhaust manifolds, the poor mans HiPo manifolds.