CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 01/20/2013, 02:10 PM   #16
whodat

eBay: metronash

So if you bought a Lime-Gold Shelby GT500KR would you change the color?
whodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/20/2013, 03:27 PM   #17
stangfan

GT/CS 8R01C150245

My Garage
If it was mine, I'd keep the Lime Gold.

Steve Cracknell
stangfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/20/2013, 03:32 PM   #18
Forsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodat View Post
So if you bought a Lime-Gold Shelby GT500KR would you change the color?
Of course I'm joking. The Lime Gold stays.
Forsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/20/2013, 03:51 PM   #19
Midnight Special
My Car Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsche View Post
Of course I'm joking. The Lime Gold stays.
Congratulations! You're in for a great experience :-) The bug deflector seems a bit "damming" for the hoodscoop, however.

You might have said elsewhere, but I'm curious what it sold for...

Tim
Midnight Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/20/2013, 04:25 PM   #20
Forsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Special View Post
Congratulations! You're in for a great experience :-) The bug deflector seems a bit "damming" for the hoodscoop, however.

You might have said elsewhere, but I'm curious what it sold for...
Hadn't thought about the bug deflector and hood scoop combination...lol

As for price, I haven' mentioned for several reasons:
- I may not be ready to reveal the real sucker that I am
- I somehow want to know a bit more about the condition before I reveal that
-I know NOTHING about these cars and current pricing so I clearly was in over my head on this one. Good news is that I was well aware of this and decided "what the hell"

I will tell you I paid notably less than the $17k appraisal that they mentioned in the articles. What is a good range of prices for a car like this?

I'll commit to revealing the price at some point guys. For now, let me keep a bit of my pride : )
Old 01/20/2013, 04:47 PM   #21
Midnight Special
My Car Details

...Understood and No worries! Most would tell you I over paid on all of my CSs, but I've more than made it up in "fun"!

From the look of things, if you were under $17K, you did very well :-)

Tim
Old 01/20/2013, 06:36 PM   #22
nates68
My Car Details

Steve, This car was always parked in front of the grocery outlet store here in carson every other week. I did get a chance to talk with the owner,asked him about the hood scoop.He said his mother had it put on at dealer when she bought it.He would not not sell it to me said they bought it new.At first thought it might have a 428 in it due to the scoop. His mother used to drive it around town alot,untill she got to old.I think you got a good car.Best,Nate
nates68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/20/2013, 07:01 PM   #23
DeadStang

My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsche View Post
I understand that DieselDonna has the rights to Lime gold so will be ordering up a red re-paint as soon as I get it back here.
Please God, NO! Not another green Mustang painted re-sale red :-(

...Slime Gold Lover
DeadStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/20/2013, 09:30 PM   #24
Forsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by nates68 View Post
Steve, This car was always parked in front of the grocery outlet store here in carson every other week. I did get a chance to talk with the owner,asked him about the hood scoop.He said his mother had it put on at dealer when she bought it.He would not not sell it to me said they bought it new.At first thought it might have a 428 in it due to the scoop. His mother used to drive it around town alot,untill she got to old.I think you got a good car.Best,Nate
Wow, Nate that is very interesting and really helpful information. Must have been Walter himself who you talked to. Did the car look pretty clean? Love the fact that his mother had the scoop put on the car!
Old 01/20/2013, 09:32 PM   #25
Forsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadStang View Post
Please God, NO! Not another green Mustang painted re-sale red :-(

...Slime Gold Lover
Slime Gold is safe with me....
Old 01/20/2013, 09:45 PM   #26
Forsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Special View Post
...Understood and No worries! Most would tell you I over paid on all of my CSs, but I've more than made it up in "fun"!

From the look of things, if you were under $17K, you did very well :-)
Thanks Tim. Yeah, they say there is no place for emotion when buying cars but I can't seem to remember that. Ah, what the hell I'll just fess up here and tell you. I paid $13,750 for the car. In my view that was a stiff price for a car that I did not even know the value of, did not see or did not get checked out. Life is short and the worst thing that happens is that I paid a few thousand more than I should have for some great enjoyment. I love original cars. I used to be into corvettes and they had to be perfect. Now I'm hooked on very original cars that wear their age proudly. Hope this is one of them.
Old 01/21/2013, 01:10 AM   #27
Midnight Special
My Car Details

...Original owner car, color and in great shape with this history... You Stole it!
Let the church say AMEN!! :-)

Print and keep all related news stories as part of your documentation.

Tim
Old 01/21/2013, 03:31 AM   #28
Forsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by nates68 View Post
So Nate, another very intriguing question I have is the argent silver painted tail light panel. So strange that this reclusive mother and son (he never worked and always lived with his mother after his father died in 1963 in an industrial accident) would buy this car and the mother would order a hood scoop! Would she have also had them paint the rear panel? Is it pretty well established that this would not have come from the factory painted like this?
Old 01/21/2013, 06:04 AM   #29
nates68
My Car Details

Yes i think she did,because i asked him the same thing it seemed they had some odd things done to this car.I called Tim once about the scoop we were excited at first thought it was a big block i believe it was a 302-J code.The son never seemed to do anything to the car,even wash it. LOL. I always got a chuckle seeing the Bug screen on the front.I did check the Vin # at one time,and looked the car over it seemed all orig.I believe you got a good car for the money.Going to miss seeing it in town.Hope this helped a little.

Nate
nates68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/21/2013, 10:45 AM   #30
gt/csj4

eBay: jtot8126

My Garage
I was totally kidding bout the lime gold thing lol I would leave it too, I dont mind the color actually

1967 GTA 289 2v silver frost coupe (SOLD)
1968 California Special 302 4v 4 spd
gt/csj4 is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions