CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 11/27/2012, 01:42 PM   #1
rvrtrash

So many cars, so little time!

My Garage
'68 California Special.

Price: $25,000

I hate to do it, but I will probably be moving some time after the first of the year, and won't have the storage space I have now. Up for sale is my '68 CS, Wimbleton White with Red interior, J code 302 with Auto trans, 3.00 rear end. Complete nuts and bolts restoration with GT springs, valance, dual exhaust and chrome GT wheels added. Mild performace build (~275hp) and shift kit in the tranny. Alum intake, Holley 600, and Tri-Y headers. I have the original intake, carb, exhaust manifolds, plus a bunch of other original parts that were replaced. I also have a set of '69 low back seat frames that have been bead blasted and painted and newly recovered headrests that I was going to put in the car. The car is a 1 of 1 Marti verified with air, am/fm, pwr steering, pwr brakes, deluxe belts. The only down side of the car is the console. It was hacked up by a previous owner (they cut out the drivers side of the storage compartment, and I haven't come up with a replacement. This car was the cover car for the 2008 CS.com calender. Mileage is believed to be true 52,800 miles. It sold in Hawaii in Jan '69 and was parked in '78. I've put about 1600 miles on it since the restoration in 2005.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CSstats.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	15487   Click image for larger version

Name:	imgA.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	15488   Click image for larger version

Name:	cspic.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	15489  

The wannabe formerly known as an owner.
rvrtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/28/2012, 07:47 AM   #2
quicknick
My Car Details

eBay: gtcslover

Send a message via MSN to quicknick
My Garage
I love that color combo. Your car is so sweet. Good luck with your sale.

The man who says "He never had a chance", never took a chance.- My Grandfather
quicknick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/28/2012, 09:21 AM   #3
Mosesatm

I've had the pleasure of seeing this car a couple times on my trips to Washington, and from what I've seen it's a bargain at $25,000.
This car is gorgeous and I'm surprised that's all he's asking for it. My car looked like a wrecking yard reject compared to this beauty.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Steve's Car.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	164.8 KB
ID:	15491  
Mosesatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/28/2012, 10:21 AM   #4
bates40

I would like to see some additional photos - and am interested.

jamesherger@yahoo.com
bates40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/28/2012, 01:15 PM   #5
rvrtrash

My Garage
Thanks guys. I am in it more than I'm asking, and would ask more if it goes to a sale site. Of course, I could be talked in to taking more for it, if someone felt the need. I should've also mentioned that it's matching numbers engine and tranny, kind of. The last number on both is off by 2. It's 110 instead of 112, so it looks like a goof on installation at the factory. I've also done the R134 conversion on the air conditioning, which I forgot to mention earlier.

James, I sent you an email.

Steve

Old 11/28/2012, 04:18 PM   #6
CougarCJ
My Car Details

Spaceman Spiff

My Garage
Good luck with the sale Steve. You are still coming to Seattle or Portland?

Scott Behncke
1968 GT/CS 302-4V Honors flysis income beezis onches nobis inob keesis
West Coast Classic Cougar A good source for Mustang mechanical parts too.
CougarCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/28/2012, 07:26 PM   #7
di81977

Looks like a beautiful car, sorry you have to sell. I sold my 68 convertible last month. Had very good success on carsonline.com. It generaged tons of interest and sold very fast.

David
di81977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/28/2012, 09:47 PM   #8
rvrtrash

My Garage
Scott, yes, one or the other "maybe". I had some pretty solid interest from Seattle and just got a request for follow up questions from Vancouver. Both would put me closer to my kids and grandkids, but the Vancouver one is my choice, even though it's a pretty hefty pay cut.

David, I sold my '73 Mach 1 on carsonline this summer. If the CS doesn't sell here, that's where it will go, unless the job possibilities fall through and then I'll keep it.

Steve

Old 11/29/2012, 12:23 PM   #9
lunker

Beautiful car - peaked my interest. Any additional info/pics would be appreciated. dthies@rccwest.com

1970 Boss 302 - Medium Metallic Blue
1968 GT 390 Coupe - Red and Black (Sold)
1996 Saleen Cobra Covertible Speedster - Lazer Red (For Sale)
2008 Shelby GT500 - Alloy/Silver
lunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/29/2012, 07:20 PM   #10
rvrtrash

My Garage
Here's a link to my photobucket page, which has additional pics. If there is anything specifically you want to see, I'll go get it for you.

http://s240.photobucket.com/albums/f...nia%20Special/

I'll write a better "For Sale" ad in the next day or so, that should cover everything and post it up here. Thanks for the interest. I'm on graveyard shift at the moment and spent most of my "free" time trying to sleep in the middle of the day.

Steve

Old 11/29/2012, 07:28 PM   #11
TexAg

My Garage
Love the color combination! Just wish I had a place to park it...

'68 Highland Green GT/CS J-code
TexAg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/01/2012, 09:09 AM   #12
quicknick
My Car Details

eBay: gtcslover

Send a message via MSN to quicknick
My Garage
" I am in it more than I'm asking"..... my life story!

The man who says "He never had a chance", never took a chance.- My Grandfather
quicknick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/01/2012, 01:27 PM   #13
rvrtrash

My Garage
Here is a more complete ad. Hopefully I covered everything.

1968 Mustang California Special, 302-4V J code with C-4 automatic, 3.00:1 rear end. Wimbleton White with Dark Red interior, Pwr Steering, Pwr Disc Brakes, Air Conditioning (w/R134A conversion), AM/FM Stereo Radio, Lower Console. Everything mechanical has been rebuilt or replaced in a complete restoration 1600 miles ago with 52,800 total miles. Most original parts not reused were saved and go with the car. I have an extensive file of receipts and pictures.
The engine was rebuilt with .030 over KB Hypereutectic pistons, a Comp Cams 264 camshaft and double roller timing chain and gears. The rocker studs were pinned in place to handle the additional lift and bronze valve guides installed. It has a Holley 600 on an Edelbrock Performer 289 intake and Thorley Tri-Y headers through dual exhaust with Flowmaster mufflers. The tranny was rebuilt with a shift kit. Both engine and tranny are matching numbers, but they are off by two on the last digit, a factory error.
The suspension, and steering were rebuilt and factory chrome 14x6 “GT” wheels added, with GT springs and KYB gas shocks. The car is a Marti verified 1 of 1 car.

Steve

Old 02/03/2013, 09:42 PM   #14
rvrtrash

My Garage
I am now in the process of moving to the Seattle area, and have temporary storage arranged (Thank you Rob), so will not be selling the car in the near future. There is just no way I can keep all the spare parts that would go with it together during a move, and don't really have time to show it anyway. Thanks to all that expressed interest.

Steve

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > Classified Ads