• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Good news / Bad news from the 2011 Recognition Guide

CougarCJ

Received my copy of the book.

The good news is my GT/CS is one of the very early hand built cars.

The bad news is that it is listed incorrectly as a C code 289. With a former owners name. Listed with an "M" for Marti Report, but the door data plate information is incomplete.

For those that wish to make a footnote on a piece of paper with the correct information, my door data plate information is as follows:

8R01J137614
65A W 2Y 05B 71 5 W

OldYeller.jpg

Midnight Special

...One of my S codes: 8R01S169388 is also incorrectly listed as a J code HCS and "owner unknown". The car is not an HCS, so Bob Teets may want to remove it from his registry if the information came from him (as the book states). The car has a Marti and original door & dash tags. I bought it in 2005...

Attachments

• martirgrn.jpg
    martirgrn.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

aemoo28

Oh NO! This is AWFUL. It's not correct!!!!!!
Proof reading error? We know the diff btw HCS and GTCS, yeah?
And we know it's Tim that owns the majority of CS cars, yeah?
Oh no. This is not good.
Cougar man, when I see you, can you ink the corrections into my book?
And Tim, we'll cross out "unknown" and write your name in.

sportyworty

My old Black/Black 390 4 speed car is listed as unknown as well. It was registered with the Marti.

obwan93001

Hey guys quick question. How do the books arrive? USPS? You have to sign for em? I havent recieved mine and did an address change with Paul last year.

ShouldIbeworried.com?

:sad:

You should see it real soon, don't worry. I, too, had to change my addy w/Paul last summer and was starting to get worried after being told they'd shipped and 6 days later nothing, even shipping within California. But when I remembered they were sent via USPS Media Mail I knew from past experience that it'd be about a week or so and sure enough they were delivered w/today's mail, exactly one week after they were shipped. So you should see them in a matter of days and will be happy. Sucks to hear about some of the problems however and hope there aren't many others found. When I read this thread I quickly went in and confirmed my CS's info was in there correctly and it is. Still sorry to hear about those who's info isn't however.

Oscar

nates68

Hey Tim,I brought up the fact about the J code being wrong in the book,little facts like this need to be corrected.I know its no big deal but when you go to show someone this fact book you would like it to be right. Goes for your cars too.I hope everything else is right

nates68

HappyHour

Hey guys quick question. How do the books arrive? USPS? You have to sign for em? I havent recieved mine and did an address change with Paul last year.

ShouldIbeworried.com?

:sad:

Midnight Special

Hey Tim,I brought up the fact about the J code being wrong in the book,little facts like this need to be corrected.I know its no big deal but when you go to show someone this fact book you would like it to be right. Goes for your cars too.I hope everything else is right

nates68

Thanks Nate, but I've always had laminated Marti reports, polite dialog with admirers and the "California Special Way of Life" book which is more in line with what we do at shows. To each their own...

I had long ago requested to be excluded from the new book because of the "SAAC /CS registrar's" longstanding criticism of our activities and my collection, but since he published that serial number incorrectly, I believe it's only fair for members to post (where it counts) to remove future claims against validation using his printed registry!

That aside; go out & enjoy your books, We'll keep enjoying our Mustangs and the SAAC/CS World Headquarters bunch can keep doing and saying as they please....>

OP
OP
CougarCJ

CougarCJ

I posted for posterity sake.

Plus, I wanted to again post the Marti with correct information so that Paul can update the master record.

He lurks here, he mentioned this thread on the saac forum.

Mosesatm

Yes he does, and another member who posts on both sites may want to show a little maturity on the other site before he opens a door he can't close.

That said, I'm extremely proud to be associated with the folks on this site and how they have all graciously handled the errors in the book, not to mention other issues with the book.

We could have had a blood-bath by now but everyone has shown amazing maturity, diplomacy (I just learned that word!), and restraint.

GT/CS S Code

We could have had a blood-bath by now but everyone has shown amazing maturity, diplomacy (I just learned that word!), and restraint.

Arlie ... if you keep using all those big "10 dollars" words I'll have to get out my dictionary to see what you're talking about ...
:grin:

Have to agree though, since there seemed to be some nasty comments about Paul's book being posted here a while back. Most of the folks on this site seem to have been pretty good about the long wait. I hope to see our numbered copy shortly as we pre-paid for it long ago too. I guess with a project this big, with that much information to document, there are bound to be a few errors that aren't caught before publication. Hopefully if they are all brought to Paul's attention as they are discovered he will offer to send the book owners a sheet of corrections to slip into the back page ...???

Russ

As with everyone else, I've waited anxiously for my two books to arrive, and arrive they did last week. I'm happy that the information about my two GT/CS Mustags is accurate, and even happier to note that one of my cars was one of the first hundred built....cool information. Paul has done a wonderful job presenting information about our cars in a beautiful format, and he was considerate enough to present me with numbered books that match my car's VIN's. All I can say is GREAT JOB, and even though they were a long time coming...it was worth the wait. Thanks, Paul!!

Russ

aemoo28

Got my books! It's true, it's hard to read and absorb everything the first time- I read it in increments.
It's jam packed with details.
I'm proud of David's '68 and Bart's '08 for being featured. And we saw the '68 green CS belonging to NoCal's president racing around Infineon at SAAC. Great examples of our cars.
Now I have two GREAT CS books to share at car shows this season.

Mosesatm

jbart,
If you have something you want to say to us you may want to be a man and say it here instead of hiding behind SAAC.

Midnight Special

jbart,
If you have something you want to say to us you may want to be a man and say it here instead of hiding behind SAAC.

...Arlie, he's only supplying Newitt with the drama he needs to feel good about himself... 'Nothing new about that... Paul's response was classic and predictable:

PMN post:
> ...but JBart! Don't talk about those guys, or it will "empower" them!
> SHHH!!!! You'll stir up the Ghost Town over there!!! LOL!!

Some people never lose the ability to be their own worst enemies - even in the face of what should be a good thing.
Let 'em gloat away... I'm glad now more than ever I wasn't in that book.

sam

Haven't received my book yet................in New Hampshire. Should I be worried??
Sam